B2301 Loader Fell Off !

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #1  

msullivan1

Tractor
Kubota B2710
Hello all. Hoping someone can guide me to options on my new to me B2301. In short, the Loader fell off working in the woods, 1 side. Hoping I can get consideration from Kubota, I'm the 2nd owner. It has 250 hours. Trashed the hood and the grill, and bent the loader to the point it will not reattach. Bent hydraulic lines, scratched it all over and took out the rear lights trying to get it out of the woods with minimal damage. Was cleaning up brush hog cuttings and some small trees I cut or pulled out. When pushing the piles into the woods, something must have caught the mount/retention pin and knocked the small retaining pin out of the oversized bracket on 1 side. Misery to try and align it enough to move it at all. Extremely poor design, albeit very similar to my 2000 B2710, that I bought new and worked much harder (and still have in the family). Seems to have a much broader neutral load point for the mount pin removal than my B2710, which, if so, would make it more prone to coming out. I also saw on a quick i-net search there have been others with similar experiences:(

Any ideas who to reach out to at Kubota and the odds they will make it right? While it is still under warranty, guessing they will say user error or abuse, which is definitely not the case.

All the best,

Mike

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #2  
If this occurred as you stated, then it is user error. I can almost guarantee that no manufacturer is going to warranty that damage.
That said, sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope you get it repaired.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #3  
When pushing the piles into the woods, something must have caught the mount/retention pin and knocked the small retaining pin out of the oversized bracket on 1 side.

Bent hydraulic lines, scratched it all over and took out the rear lights trying to get it out of the woods with minimal damage.

Kubota has no responcibility for your damage.

If you purchased KTAC insurance (Kubota Tractor Acceptance Corp.) insurance you may be covered after $250 deductible.

Kubota B2301​

Kubota B2301 tractor photo
2018 -
B-01 Series
Compact Utility tractor

Dimensions
Weight:1566 lbs
710 kg

Last edited:
   / B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #4  
I probably wouldn't call it abuse depending on what you were actually doing when it came off. Carelessness is more in line I think. I'm at a loss for how your loader arms come out of the brackets and you don't see or hear it. And then I guess you kept going after the event happened. I can almost guarantee Kubota won't have anything for you. Maybe your insurance company will. That's likely your best bet.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #5  
Pictures would be nice to see but I agree with others insurance may kick in if you have coverage. Hate to hear of your troubles and hope it gets going again soon.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #6  
Just some advice for next time.....I put small zip ties around my pins so they can't slide up and out of the retainer holes.

Unfortunately this is not the first time I heard of this happening so that's why I followed advice and put the ties on mine.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off !
Thanks, all, about what I figured. 2 dealers say it is impossible to fall off, even after telling them to look around online. Sad.

Credit where credit is due: Overall, for others considering a B2301, can't believe they even sell it. Terribly underpowered: Have to go about 1/3 power to drive up a small grade at any reasonable speed. 60" Kubota belly mower cuts like crap even at 2800rpm, clumps all over the place (my Cub Cadet mower is 100% clean). As a note, I have the 72" on my B2710 and has never clumped in 22+ years....damp grass and all. Snow blower (55xx series, I believe) is so under powered it clogs with moderately wet snow....basically useless here in MI. Going to sell it, no use to me. And, obviously, the loader can and does fall off.

My MY2000 B2710 is a beast, only 4 hp more. Talking with an open and honest dealer, was told in addition to all the emissions equipment on 26+hp, they have derated the power on smaller units to avoid needing emissions gear in recent past years. While I guess capable of 23hp, he said you just don't get it.

I know, all manufacturers are that way. No excuse, selling stuff not fit for the advertised/intended purpose is fraud IMO.

Lastly, priced an L-Series, just nutz. 30hp, 72" belly mower, loader, backhoe. $40k+ !! Worse, only a 6 year warranty on the $1800 emission canister (catalytic convertor, I assume). Told no problem with them mowing at high RPM, just be careful with low RPM use (80% +/- of my use)! Never seen so many unsold tractors at a dealer. Not a large dealer, either. Even had a side lot crammed full. Gee, wonder why.

Off to find another B2710 or B2910.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #8  
Check you homeowners insurance. Good chance they might cover the damage. I believe mine would as long as it happened on my property.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #9  
Hello all. Hoping someone can guide me to options on my new to me B2301. In short, the Loader fell off working in the woods, 1 side. Hoping I can get consideration from Kubota, I'm the 2nd owner. It has 250 hours. Trashed the hood and the grill, and bent the loader to the point it will not reattach. Bent hydraulic lines, scratched it all over and took out the rear lights trying to get it out of the woods with minimal damage. Was cleaning up brush hog cuttings and some small trees I cut or pulled out. When pushing the piles into the woods, something must have caught the mount/retention pin and knocked the small retaining pin out of the oversized bracket on 1 side. Misery to try and align it enough to move it at all. Extremely poor design, albeit very similar to my 2000 B2710, that I bought new and worked much harder (and still have in the family). Seems to have a much broader neutral load point for the mount pin removal than my B2710, which, if so, would make it more prone to coming out. I also saw on a quick i-net search there have been others with similar experiences:(

Any ideas who to reach out to at Kubota and the odds they will make it right? While it is still under warranty, guessing they will say user error or abuse, which is definitely not the case.

All the best,

Mike

Thanks, all, about what I figured. 2 dealers say it is impossible to fall off, even after telling them to look around online. Sad.

Credit where credit is due: Overall, for others considering a B2301, can't believe they even sell it. Terribly underpowered: Have to go about 1/3 power to drive up a small grade at any reasonable speed. 60" Kubota belly mower cuts like crap even at 2800rpm, clumps all over the place (my Cub Cadet mower is 100% clean). As a note, I have the 72" on my B2710 and has never clumped in 22+ years....damp grass and all. Snow blower (55xx series, I believe) is so under powered it clogs with moderately wet snow....basically useless here in MI. Going to sell it, no use to me. And, obviously, the loader can and does fall off.

My MY2000 B2710 is a beast, only 4 hp more. Talking with an open and honest dealer, was told in addition to all the emissions equipment on 26+hp, they have derated the power on smaller units to avoid needing emissions gear in recent past years. While I guess capable of 23hp, he said you just don't get it.

I know, all manufacturers are that way. No excuse, selling stuff not fit for the advertised/intended purpose is fraud IMO.

Lastly, priced an L-Series, just nutz. 30hp, 72" belly mower, loader, backhoe. $40k+ !! Worse, only a 6 year warranty on the $1800 emission canister (catalytic convertor, I assume). Told no problem with them mowing at high RPM, just be careful with low RPM use (80% +/- of my use)! Never seen so many unsold tractors at a dealer. Not a large dealer, either. Even had a side lot crammed full. Gee, wonder why.

Off to find another B2710 or B2910.

How "new to you" was this tractor? You say you found information about this issue after the fact? So you didn't research a tractor you bought before hand and make yourself aware of issues a particular model could have. You experienced the issue others have. I'm guessing you didn't make sure everything was correctly mounted when you got it then proceeded to use your "new to you" tractor very aggressively based on your description. An issue happened that has apparently happened to others and now your upset and going to bash the model.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #10  
Recall / service bulletin somewhere ?