B2301 Loader Fell Off !

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #11  
I feel your pain!!
I’m very mechanically inclined,
I’ve worked in automotive dealerships and engineering test & desigh labs specifically the US ARMIES BRADLEY FIGHTING VEHICLE transmission. Having that background I consider myself quite keen on detecting developing problems by being sensitive to unusual noises, vibrations, movements, smells or performance change.
Not long ago I sandblasted the inside & outside of my tractor wheels and painted them with por15 to prevent rust. I installed them & torqued the wheel screws and went to work. Months later I heard & felt a snapping sound on occasion when changing direction with a heavy load. I listened & finally duplicated the sound thinking I was in for an expensive transmission repair. I started to remove the rear wheels and noticed the screws were loose!!
Because of the paint the screws loosened and allowed the flange to move under load.
I was disappointed in myself for not realizing what I did.
I re torqued all wheels then marked them with alignment marks so I can verify they haven’t moved.
Moral of the story is you must be constantly aware of anything unusual. Sometimes it happens so fast with no warning you can’t avoid it.
Sorry for your mishap🙁
90cummins

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #12  
On my fairly new B2650, I helped a neighbor by spreading a pile of gravel that he bought for his driveway. I had used several different Kubotas doing such a chore around my place. Short story is that I had not mounted the FEL into the saddle properly. I noticed that it wasn't working quite right when I discovered my error. Fortunately no real damage was done to the tractor......just to my ego.:rolleyes:

Cheers,
Mike

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #13  
On a similar note, these Stihl chain saws are crap. I tried to cut a section of a stihl I beam with a saw that was supposed to be good for a 10" cut and the chain broke, bar twisted, and the motor froze up. My 1970's red one is also junk (but I did buy it from an appliance store).. What is it with machinery these days ? I'm gunna borrow my neighbor's Husky to show how it's done. She said it's good up to a 12" cut.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #14  
While it is still under warranty, guessing they will say user error or abuse, which is definitely not the case.
Is the loader still under warranty? It does not have the same warranty as the tractor.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #15  
Pictures say 1000 words!!!

What year is the tractor and loader? Are they still under warranty?

It is my opinion that a tractor shouldn't fall apart with normal use. Brush hogging, moving stuff with the bucket, etc.

We don't have all the details here, but from what the OP's description was, it isn't stuff that many of us haven't done, or wouldn't do with our tractor.

Of course there is a bit of an art to detecting a problem, stopping, and fixing it before everything gets worse.

Anyway, if the tractor and loader are under warranty, then I would be tempted to push Kubota for an amiable solution. And perhaps they'll consider their tractor design.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #16  
A year ago my mother and brother were trying to load an old junky brush hog onto his trailer using her brand new Kubota BX2380 and LA344 loader.

I'm still not quite sure what they did, but they let the brush hog swing into the front guard.

I suppose one should feel lucky that the guard was on the tractor, but they had the whole guard twisted like a pretzel, and a big dent in one headlight and the hood.

Not a Kubota dealer issue. However, it does make one wonder about the design.

With a torch, hammer, and anvil, we got it bent back to more or less the original shape.

I don't know if there should have been a better design, or it should all be considered user error.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #17  
Credit where credit is due: Overall, for others considering a B2301, can't believe they even sell it. Terribly underpowered: Have to go about 1/3 power to drive up a small grade at any reasonable speed. 60" Kubota belly mower cuts like crap even at 2800rpm, clumps all over the place (my Cub Cadet mower is 100% clean). As a note, I have the 72" on my B2710 and has never clumped in 22+ years....damp grass and all. Snow blower (55xx series, I believe) is so under powered it clogs with moderately wet snow....basically useless here in MI. Going to sell it, no use to me. And, obviously, the loader can and does fall off.
I'm not what your issues are. However, much of the tractor ratings are at 540 RPM for the PTO which may be fairly high up on the power band for the tractor.

I don't have the Kubota B2301. Mom has the BX2380.

It is a similar rating to yours.

I haven't used it much. My nephew was mowing with the brush hog, and was complaining about too low of HP. Perhaps this spring I'll try to do a few rounds with it.

John Deere, and others were hit with a class action lawsuit for overstating the HP of their small lawn tractrors a few years ago.

I think those were just small gas tractors. However, it is possible that other manufactures are a bit loose with the numbers.

Probably somewhere around 25 to 30 HP is good for a small tractor.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #18  
Sometimes one needs to put on their big boy pants, and rather than try to blame everyone for one's own mistakes, admit to your mistakes and pay the bill.

The OP stated that the brush pulled a pin out, it is his problem and no one else's.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #19  
IMO- tractors are for farming, cutting hay and mowing fields, especially the small units; they are not intended to clear woods of trees and such where a much larger machine can complete the task. Yes, folks do this stuff all the time but when exposing a farm type tractor to this sort of use, expecially small Cuts, things will happen and mostly not with good results. Kubota is not likley to offer anything to the owner. If there was/is an issue with the pins Kubota would have addressed that early on would they not?.

/ B2301 Loader Fell Off ! #20  
IMO- tractors are for farming, cutting hay and mowing fields, especially the small units; they are not intended to clear woods of trees and such where a much larger machine can complete the task. Yes, folks do this stuff all the time but when exposing a farm type tractor to this sort of use, expecially small Cuts, things will happen and mostly not with good results. Kubota is not likley to offer anything to the owner. If there was/is an issue with the pins Kubota would have addressed that early on would they not?.
100 years ago tractors replaced horses and oxen pulling plows and discs.
Since then PTOs were added. Loaders were added, etc.

Ultimately becoming a versatile farm tool.

Brush work is not unexpected.