B2320 vs B2620

/ B2320 vs B2620 #11  
If you do some searching you will find the same loader and associated QA system is available on the B2320 as the 2620 and 2920 come with "standard" (loader, not QA is standard). You just have to ask, sometimes forcefully, for it because not all dealer know or acknowledge that is the case. They are all the same tractor with different engines and different "standard" ag tires, but turf and industrials are the same. If I were buying one, it'd be a 2320, because in a 1500lb tractor, traction is the factor, not power. I'd put the savings in attachments.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #12  
I've owned my 2320 for three years now. I use it to till the garden, maintain my gravel driveway and move everything and anything. I've never been in a situation where I thought more power or loader capacity was needed. When I bought it that's all I wanted to spend. If price is a major concern you won't go wrong with a 2320.
Have fun deciding and you'll enjoy either one.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #13  
I think for you it's a win-win decision, and in my case (pretty much the same uses you have) I went with a 2920 (same as 2620, except for engine). For mowing, I wish it was a little smaller, for dealing with the 4' snow drifts I get about once/twice year I wish it had a little larger loader. The larger capacity of the loader and BH were factors for me, at the time I was unaware you could put the larger loader on the 2320 (recommend doing that) Even so, there is little doubt in my mind that the 2320 would do everything I need quite well.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #14  
Agree with JCByrd24. You've gotten good input.

The tractors are indeed the same and can be fitted with the same FELs and QA. The light nature of the 20 series makes more and more horsepower rather tenuous, as one quickly runs out of traction. The 20's are "standard" tractors, meaning, they are not deluxe models, but targeted to the budget minded buyer.

However, if your needs are for high horsepower PTO driven devices and implements, that is where the 26, and especially 29, come into play. If you need it, you need it.

I preface this last comment with Just My Own Opinion, but if I had the money to spend, before putting it toward a B2920 just for more power, I'd put those funds toward a B2630 for better deluxe tractor features. (if you can still find a B2630) Again, no one can wish Kubota would offer more models from which to choose. :laughing:

/ B2320 vs B2620 #15  
Again, I studied the B2320, 2620 and the heavier 2630 (would have had to buy it used I think)

All said and done, I would have enjoyed the 2630, but wanted the 0% of new.

At the time, I was not aware that the 2320 could be fitted with the heavier loader and therefore, the QA option. If that info is accurate, I may have saved the extra $1000 or whatever it was.

I'm digging out tree stumps right now (tree base of 10-12") and power v. traction is an issue (especially with turfs). But lets be honest. If the job takes longer, I'm happier:)

BTW, you guys have to try the quick spade. For only $150 (can't remember exact price), it cuts through roots and is an awesome little toy (slides on the front forks)

/ B2320 vs B2620 #16  
Love my 2320... But always wished for more loader lift power. I guess my loader complaint comes from the fact that I always had larger tractors where ability to lift was not an issue.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #17  
I'm a bit surprised by the radical difference in lifting power from these three front configurations:

1. Forks - serious power, especially when the huge logs are rolled back to the fork pallet base (closest to tractor) :licking:

2. Bucket - good lifting power :)

3. Quick Spade (extended from tip of forks forward....away from tractor) - pathetic lifting power (as one might expect) :mad:

/ B2320 vs B2620 #18  
As a non B Series owner, take my "advice" with the skepticism it deserves. I was going to buy a B2920 after literally months of research and thought, so I am not unfamiliar with them.

My preference for more power was the versatility offered. Agreed, in stock form, you will run out of traction on the 23/26/29 before power, but coming from a farming background, adding weight in the form of detachable wheel weights, filled tires, hanging weights on the front or ballast on the back significantly increases the capability. I have never wished for less power, but have for more as having HP in reserve adds flexibility.

It appears as though I am in the minority as there sure are a lot of happy 2320 owners.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #19  
Again, I studied the B2320, 2620 and the heavier 2630 (would have had to buy it used I think)

All said and done, I would have enjoyed the 2630, but wanted the 0% of new.

At the time, I was not aware that the 2320 could be fitted with the heavier loader and therefore, the QA option. If that info is accurate, I may have saved the extra $1000 or whatever it was.

I'm digging out tree stumps right now (tree base of 10-12") and power v. traction is an issue (especially with turfs). But lets be honest. If the job takes longer, I'm happier:)

BTW, you guys have to try the quick spade. For only $150 (can't remember exact price), it cuts through roots and is an awesome little toy (slides on the front forks)

I'm not so sure that the loader used on the B2320 is any different than the one on the B2620 exscept for the hydraulic cylinders, or pressure settings. The QA is meant for the B3200, works on the B2620 ( I have one), and the B2920. I see no reason at that point that Kubota would make a special frame / arms for just the B2320. By "larger loader" folks are referring to the slightly larger bucket, and the higher weight capacity rating, not the physical size of the loader frame / arms. For some reason, folks started thinking that the B2620, and B2920 were larger tractors with physically larger loaders, and that isn't true.

/ B2320 vs B2620 #20  
TripleR is right, adding weight is always possible, if extra weight is what you needs/want. Sometimes, more weight, in lawn and garden work, is a negative, of course. I don't know too many guys on here do a lot of lawn care with a Grand L. :D
I really need to have removable weights. Kubota sells the front weight package, but I haven't seen removable rear wheel weights yet. :confused:

I'll wrap up my comments with just a broad perspective. The 20 series are the first step from the BX, or the BX is a low-riding Bxx20 of a kind, take your pick. These are very light tractors, designed to meet a real need. But experiencing loss of traction or inability to have super lifting power just comes with the territory. They are what they are. Small, compact utility tractors.

That's the thing. Gotta match up your tractor to the tasks before you. If you need more tractor, I'd recommend looking at different offerings from Kubota or others. For what I do? The B2320 was flat out, a wonderful purchase.