Traction B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much).

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #1  

galstaf

Bronze Member
Tractor
kubota b26
Hey all,

I have a 2015 Kubota B26 that just stopped moving (mostly). It will move a bit.. better forwards than backwards.
It is extremely weak in both directions (forwards and back), and makes a whining noise.
If the reverse stops responding altogether, it can help to push forward then reverse if that gives anyone a clue... it will move very grudgingly in both directions, so I am pretty sure the linkages must be functional.

I didn't change anything.. the machine ran normally, then just got worse and worse over the course of a day until now it can barely move forwards or back.
Checked the hydraulic fluid levels and they are fine. I even topped it up with Kubota SUDT2, and it just threw out the excess all over the back of the machine.

The FEL and BH both work normally and are still fairly strong. From what I have been reading, I am looking at the filters, but wondering if it is anything else could be the issue here.

Can anyone help? Does this machine doesn't have the mesh screen that seems to be an issue on some of the other models?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a decent mechanical background, but just getting used to tractors, so please be detailed with any answers.

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #2  
The first thing I would do is replace the HST filter. If that doesn't work, consult your dealer's service rep.

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #3  
The first thing I would do is replace the HST filter. If that doesn't work, consult your dealer's service rep.

Yep what he said, and work your high low shifter a few times.

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #4  
Hey all,

I have a 2015 Kubota B26 that just stopped moving (mostly). It will move a bit.. better forwards than backwards.
It is extremely weak in both directions (forwards and back), and makes a whining noise.
If the reverse stops responding altogether, it can help to push forward then reverse if that gives anyone a clue... it will move very grudgingly in both directions, so I am pretty sure the linkages must be functional.

I didn't change anything.. the machine ran normally, then just got worse and worse over the course of a day until now it can barely move forwards or back.
Checked the hydraulic fluid levels and they are fine. I even topped it up with Kubota SUDT2, and it just threw out the excess all over the back of the machine.

The FEL and BH both work normally and are still fairly strong. From what I have been reading, I am looking at the filters, but wondering if it is anything else could be the issue here.

Can anyone help? Does this machine doesn't have the mesh screen that seems to be an issue on some of the other models?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I have a decent mechanical background, but just getting used to tractors, so please be detailed with any answers.

your hydraulic sump screen is clogged

drain hyd oil
remove screen and clean with diesel fuel (if you want to flush it some you can put in some diesel fuel or hyd oil and run a little then drain the and clean filter again)
reinstall and fill with oil

never owned a Kubota but it happens to all brands

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much).
your hydraulic sump screen is clogged

drain hyd oil
remove screen and clean with diesel fuel (if you want to flush it some you can put in some diesel fuel or hyd oil and run a little then drain the and clean filter again)
reinstall and fill with oil

never owned a Kubota but it happens to all brands

Does this unit have a screen. I went thru the parts manual and couldn't find a screen there... just filters.

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #6  
Does this unit have a screen. I went thru the parts manual and couldn't find a screen there... just filters.
Just a spin on filter, there isn't a screen on the B26. I would replace both the hyd. suction filter and HST filters as a first step, and possibly the fluid dependent on when the last service was done. I would also check that the linkages are all free and moving as they should.

Hey all: Update .. the WSM has been a great help in identifying parts. So it seems the Hydraulic Pump (immediately to the left of the fuel intake /throttle control/etc) is a two part pump.
Part one feeds the Power steering and PTO, and the second part feeds the FEL, BH and HST transmission. They have different flow needs apparently so I guess that is why they do that.

I noticed there is an intermittent drip coming from the front of the machine and on further investigation it is coming from a split in the seam of the rubber hose connecting the suction line to the hydraulic pump.
Would this cause the symptoms I have been seeing?
If so, why would it affect the HST so much with relatively little effect on the BH and FEL?

Screenshot 2018-10-04 08.20.34.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-04 07.41.28.png
    Screenshot 2018-10-04 07.41.28.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 436
On tinkering with it, the hydraulic pump is really close to the housing for the flywheel housing and the hose with the split. Basically there is no room to take off the hose at all without removing the pump. (I think).

Can anyone provide any insight on the best way to replace this hose?Screenshot 2018-10-04 07.41.28.pngScreenshot 2018-10-04 07.43.29.pngScreenshot 2018-10-04 07.45.01.pngScreenshot 2018-10-04 07.47.24.pngScreenshot 2018-10-04 07.49.10.pngScreenshot 2018-10-04 07.54.39.png

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #9  
What does the manual say about the implement pump feeding the HST? The charge pump for the HST should be built into the HST assembly and separate from the implement pump, other then sharing the fluid reservoir.

As for the hose, it can let air get sucked into the hyd. system which is not good, does the fluid look like its aerated? That suction hose should be replaced.

What does the manual say about the implement pump feeding the HST? The charge pump for the HST should be built into the HST assembly and separate from the implement pump, other then sharing the fluid reservoir.

As for the hose, it can let air get sucked into the hyd. system which is not good, does the fluid look like its aerated? That suction hose should be replaced.

Hey TMGT.. thanks for your input!

The manual says the pump has two sections.. but the HST, FEL and BH are all fed from the same delivery tube. (see the WSM screenshot).
Obviously if the suction line has a hole that is not good.

The big issue is that it is super hard to access. So I am looking for insight from someone that has done this replacement. Need the best way to do this, short of pulling half the machine apart to get to a rubber hose.