Traction B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much).

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #11  
Don't see anything in the screen shot about the pump feeding the hst.

I have done the hose on my B2620 which is very close (same engine) and it wasn't fun, it has been a few years but I believe I just undid the hard suction line and pushed it down to get it off the rubber elbow. The elbow will come off the back of the pump but it's not easy, have to squish it a rotate. Clamps need to be off to do it.

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much).
Don't see anything in the screen shot about the pump feeding the hst.

I have done the hose on my B2620 which is very close (same engine) and it wasn't fun, it has been a few years but I believe I just undid the hard suction line and pushed it down to get it off the rubber elbow. The elbow will come off the back of the pump but it's not easy, have to squish it a rotate. Clamps need to be off to do it.

Thanks.. that's what I thought and it is good to know that it is even possible to do like that. So you loosened the rigid suction pipe at both ends to move it, right?

I am assuming this will dump out all the hydraulic fluid from the tank?

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #13  
Mines a little different but its jammed into the bellhousing the same as yours, I think I was able to undo the front and loosen the rear and flex it out of the way enough to disconnect it. You'll probably lose some but its higher then the bottom of the reservoir so probably not bad.

Mine got knocked off in the woods (still no idea how it happened) so I dont know exactly how much fluid came out when it came off.

Mine still drove, I'm curious about the WSM saying the implement pump has a connection to the HST.

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #14  
Thanks.. that's what I thought and it is good to know that it is even possible to do like that. So you loosened the rigid suction pipe at both ends to move it, right?

I am assuming this will dump out all the hydraulic fluid from the tank?

I have a B26 and the rubber elbow can be replaced without taking the pump off, you do not have to take the hard pipe a loose at both ends of the hard pipe but yes take both clamps a loose on the rubber elbow, I used a short piece of rope to hold the hard pipe out of the way and yes it is an aggravating job but do able. good luck

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #15  
Air leaking into the suction of the HST pump will cause it to stop working. You may have damaged your pump, as well.

Update:
Success! Machine is up and working like a champ now!

In case anyone needs help with this... I looked again at the short rubber hose and can see it split because the hard suction pipe is slightly out of line and puts pressure on the hose. The split occurred at the point the hard pipe stopped and created a stress concentration.

To remove the hose:
Take off the throttle cable and the bracket it mounts to.
Remove the power steering feeder pipe
Remove the flywheel housing bolt nearest the rubber hose.
Remove the clamps holding the feeder and suction pipes together. This gives enough play in the suction pipe to move it out of the rubber hose without having to loosen the other end.
Remove the power cable from the fuel cut off solenoid.
Remove the hose clamps and take off the hose.

I didn't want to wait for parts shipping again by ordering a new hose as the filter pack came in today, so I repaired it instead. The repair also makes the hose a lot more resilient so it shouldn't fail the same way again. I used a 45 degree copper water pipe street elbow which fits perfectly down that piece of hose. (bought at Ace hardware).

The street elbow changes diameter half way thru (obviously), so I cut off the larger diameter piece with a grinder. This created an inch long piece of pipe with a slight elbow that worked perfectly with the rubber hose. I put teflon paste over the pipe and pushed it inside the rubber hose then put a hose clamp over the hole to lock and seal the split in the hose.

I put everything back and tested .. no leaks!

As my hydraulic filters came today too and the wheels were already removed to give me access room, I replaced the suction and HST filters.

Use the vacuum cleaner trick.. Even tilting the machine dramatically doesn't stop the hydraulic fluid pissing out. I lost a gallon of fluid from the suction filter in less than 30 seconds.
I put the vacuum on for the filler for the HST filter change and it only dripped a couple of ounces of fluid.

Put the wheels back on and ran it and bled out the air by rotation the steering wheel. Runs excellently now.. super responsive and plenty strong.

Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions .. and especially the service manual! :drink:

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #17  
Update:
Success! Machine is up and working like a champ now!

In case anyone needs help with this... I looked again at the short rubber hose and can see it split because the hard suction pipe is slightly out of line and puts pressure on the hose. The split occurred at the point the hard pipe stopped and created a stress concentration.

To remove the hose:
Take off the throttle cable and the bracket it mounts to.
Remove the power steering feeder pipe
Remove the flywheel housing bolt nearest the rubber hose.
Remove the clamps holding the feeder and suction pipes together. This gives enough play in the suction pipe to move it out of the rubber hose without having to loosen the other end.
Remove the power cable from the fuel cut off solenoid.
Remove the hose clamps and take off the hose.

I didn't want to wait for parts shipping again by ordering a new hose as the filter pack came in today, so I repaired it instead. The repair also makes the hose a lot more resilient so it shouldn't fail the same way again. I used a 45 degree copper water pipe street elbow which fits perfectly down that piece of hose. (bought at Ace hardware).

The street elbow changes diameter half way thru (obviously), so I cut off the larger diameter piece with a grinder. This created an inch long piece of pipe with a slight elbow that worked perfectly with the rubber hose. I put teflon paste over the pipe and pushed it inside the rubber hose then put a hose clamp over the hole to lock and seal the split in the hose.

I put everything back and tested .. no leaks!

As my hydraulic filters came today too and the wheels were already removed to give me access room, I replaced the suction and HST filters.

Use the vacuum cleaner trick.. Even tilting the machine dramatically doesn't stop the hydraulic fluid pissing out. I lost a gallon of fluid from the suction filter in less than 30 seconds.
I put the vacuum on for the filler for the HST filter change and it only dripped a couple of ounces of fluid.

Put the wheels back on and ran it and bled out the air by rotation the steering wheel. Runs excellently now.. super responsive and plenty strong.

Thanks again everyone for all the suggestions .. and especially the service manual! :drink:

Galstaf and others - You saved me a lot of grief. I have less than 100 hrs on my B26. While working it, I heard a loud burst that sounds like a hose break. No fluid anywhere, and everything worked fine. The next morning the machine would barely move, the pump was noticeably louder. I noticed fluid had shot out of the overflow and thought that somehow I had put to much fluid. One more days work , and the machine would not move. The overflow was pumping frothy fluid. I loaded the machine and was ready to take it to the local dealer, and thought I'd do one last search. This forum came up and that suction elbow was exactly what my problem was. I could not see the crack until I removed it. The hardpipe is not bent quite right and puts a lot of stress on that elbow. I did a quick fix until the new elbow arrives, and then will attempt to bend the pipe a bit.
Thanks for the description, photo's, and solutions!
PS - I only had to remove the brackets holding the 2 hard pipes, and was able to remove the elbow without any other disassembly.

/ B26 Hydraulics fine, but transmission won't move (much). #18  
Have a friend who’s B26 had the same problem with the rubber elbow on the inlet pump side. The joining metal tubing was misaligned putting that rubber elbow in a strain that allowed it to in leak air causing foam and heat then fluid out the vent. Maybe poor factory assembly?? Replaced elbow and slightly and gently bent metal tube to better align to fix the problem.
On my B26 (newer, 2016) the tubing is better aligned but still check the tightness of the elbow clamps.
Air in hydraulic systems can cause considerable damage.

Galstaf and others - You saved me a lot of grief. I have less than 100 hrs on my B26. While working it, I heard a loud burst that sounds like a hose break. No fluid anywhere, and everything worked fine. The next morning the machine would barely move, the pump was noticeably louder. I noticed fluid had shot out of the overflow and thought that somehow I had put to much fluid. One more days work , and the machine would not move. The overflow was pumping frothy fluid. I loaded the machine and was ready to take it to the local dealer, and thought I'd do one last search. This forum came up and that suction elbow was exactly what my problem was. I could not see the crack until I removed it. The hardpipe is not bent quite right and puts a lot of stress on that elbow. I did a quick fix until the new elbow arrives, and then will attempt to bend the pipe a bit.
Thanks for the description, photo's, and solutions!
PS - I only had to remove the brackets holding the 2 hard pipes, and was able to remove the elbow without any other disassembly.

One other thing.. because it is a suction line and under relatively low (negative) pressure, you can temporarily fix this issue with good quality duct tape to stop it drawing air into the system. It will keep you moving until you can do a more substantial repair.

This is a really ****** design by Kubota. A cramped location, plus dramatic 90 degree turn plus a lot of stress on a piece of rubber piping... it is going to fail sooner rather than later.
Replacing the boot doesn't fix the design flaw.

If anyone has a good work around please post pictures and it's effectiveness.