B2650 MMM install?

/ B2650 MMM install? #11  
On my old B2410 I made a dolly for the MMM so it would roll around with ease. You don't have to do anything with the wheels on the deck itself. Sorry I have no input on the pto shaft. Marking both side seems like it would be a good solution as other have said.

Good luck.
John

/ B2650 MMM install? #12  
After a few years of the same kind of struggling with the 60 inch mower on my B7500 I made a little modification that allows the mower to be easily rolled in from the side. As mentioned, I do keep the FEL on to lift the front end to also made install easier. Connecting the shaft can be a little frustrating but I think the easiest way is to lay down and approach from the rear. You can read about my MMM mod here:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ore-mmm-back-pain.html?highlight=#post2804425

/ B2650 MMM install? #13  
Its a pain no matter what you do, its even worse with any shield underneath. I dont understand why the scalp wheels cant swivel? It is nearly impossible to pick the thing up to switch their direction, very frustrating, and probably a reason I would consider another brand next time around.

/ B2650 MMM install? #14  
Maestro71. The anti scalp wheels on the 60 in mmm for my B2650 do have holes to pull the pin and turn them 90 degrees. Not sure if if yours is the same for the bx but if not you could maybe drill new holes in the shafts to be able to turn yours 90 degrees. It makes it easy to remove deck that way and I can pull mine out with one hand. I do have to amend my procedure on the removal of my deck. I stated to turn the tractor wheels all the way to the right but should have been all the way to left to open it up to remove and install deck. I put my deck on yesterday to mow and realized my mistake. 20160216_165104 (450x800).jpg

/ B2650 MMM install? #15  
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a new 2650 cab with 60" mower and my dealer told me the 60" mower is drive-over. By the subject of this thread, I take it he is mistaken (I don't think he's purposefully trying to mislead me, but I was a little surprise when he told me that). I did find a youtube video on a Kubota drive over mower, but it clearly wasn't the 60" mower being referred to in this thread. There is very little info on either B50 series mower on the Kubota web site. If the rear wheels on the B50 series mowers do turn 90 degrees, then I don't think I'll have much of a problem removing it (as rkidd has suggested), but would like to clear up the drive-over question before I buy.

Last edited:
   / B2650 MMM install? #16  
Maestro71. The anti scalp wheels on the 60 in mmm for my B2650 do have holes to pull the pin and turn them 90 degrees. Not sure if if yours is the same for the bx but if not you could maybe drill new holes in the shafts to be able to turn yours 90 degrees. It makes it easy to remove deck that way and I can pull mine out with one hand. I do have to amend my procedure on the removal of my deck. I stated to turn the tractor wheels all the way to the right but should have been all the way to left to open it up to remove and install deck. I put my deck on yesterday to mow and realized my mistake.View attachment 463059

My 04 BX23 w/54" MMM has anti-scalps that can be rotated as you stated, make it far less painful as these things are pretty heavy....I've taken mine off and re-installed it without rotating the rollers...It can be done, just much more work.

/ B2650 MMM install? #17  
Scott F I just checked my mmm owners manual and it says to install 60in mmm just the way I describe in my post from the side. It does say however to drive over the deck for the 72 in mmm to install. Hope this will help. Any other questions let me know. Good luck on your tractor purchase. You will love it.

Last edited:
   / B2650 MMM install? #18  
Thanks, rkidd. That's exactly what my dealer said after he dug some more into his Kubota books. I still think I'll stick with the 60" deck, just for the price. At the rate I pay myself for mowing, it would take a long time to recover the cost difference in time saved with that extra foot of mower deck :). Do you have any problems with the real gauge wheels digging into the turf when turning? I usually 3-pt turn at the ends of my lawn. Looks like some fatter, rounded rear gauge wheels would be gentler on the grass.

/ B2650 MMM install? #19  
No problem with rear gauge wheels. They are in the center so they sort of turn on they're own axis versus being out on the edge where there would be more pressure on them when turning sharp. The deck mows great and I have been very happy with it. As far as a little more time to mow versus the 72 in deck it is always great to spend extra time on the Kubota! !

/ B2650 MMM install? #20  
Funny they made the 72" a drive over and the 60 is not? Especially when the 60" on the B2610 and the old B20 series were drive over.

So does the 72" on the B2650 bring any limitations as far as implement compatability?

To me sounds like the 72" would be the one to buy for that model.