Loader B2710 Loader Hydraulics

/ B2710 Loader Hydraulics #1  

msullivan1

Tractor
Kubota B2710
Hello all,

Been a few years since posted....so long had to get a new ID. Testament to my 2000 B2710's reliability....10 years and 600+ trouble free hours.

My question: Broke and replaced a loader hose fitting, now that function no longer works....roll down function. Do I need to bleed it, and if so, how? Hoping to avoid a mobile repair bill and hoping it is a quick job.

Thanks in advance to all!

/ B2710 Loader Hydraulics #2  
Make sure the hydraulic quick disconnects for the loader are fully seated. If you can hear the pump go into relief when you activate the function that is not working, then the quick disconnect may be the issue. With the engine off, lower the loader and move the control lever in all directions to relieve any trapped pressure and then try re-seating the quick disconnects. If your bucket is stuck at an angle that keeps a load on the curl cylinders, then you will need to support the bucket with something to get the pressure off the cylinders or you will have a hard time over coming the trapped pressure to get the quick disconnects seated.

The system will bleed itself if you operate the cylinders a few cycles. If you did lose a bit of oil out of the cylinder when the fitting broke, you may need to hold the control lever longer than normal to get the the cylinder to move. If you hear the pump going into relief, then it is not air in the system and you should not keep holding the lever.

/ B2710 Loader Hydraulics #3  
I had a leaking cylinder on my B2910 loader about a year ago...and had it rebuilt. When I re-installed it, I had to move the joystick through all the various positions several times to get full function back. After a couple of minutes, all the trapped air bled out, and I had to add a few ounces of hydraulic fluid....no more troubles, since.