Backhoe B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ?

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #21  
I like the dolly you built. I had seen it before and sent the thread to my brother which has a B3030. I thought he would like the dolly since he had talked about making something so he could move it around when he removed his backhoe from his tractor. I contacted Kubota about the BH65 weight when I bought the tractor. They gave me weight of 1400lbs. Do you know if that is about right? Do you have any flex in the wooden dolly as you move it around? I would of guessed it around 800 to 1000lbs maybe.

I used the 1400 number from kubota as well and bought the heaviest duty casters I could find. The beams on both sides are strong enough and have no flex at all. It's been over a year now and the BH spends most of the time on the dolly and it's worked great. There isn't really any flex in the wood, though with down pressure on the boom the wider part of the dolly lifts up a bit, but the weight is always on the casters, the boards connecting the two beams just keep them in position VS holding any weight. When moving the dolly there is no flex at all and its pretty easy, I just push it to wherever I need it. The one thing I did discover is you want to bungee the stabilizers or they fall down over time and are annoying when moving it around.

Not sure if your brother built one yet or not, but the dimensions on that one line it up perfectly with the B2X20 subframe so it goes right in the saddle, a taller tractor may need a piece of wood on the top to raise it up so it's lined up... otherwise you would have to use the stabilizers to lift it into the saddle, which somewhat defeats the purpose.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ?
I think one of my next lil projects on my B2920 is to modify my forward/reverse pedal. I have an idea and think it would make it much more user friendly. If i get it done and it works, Ill post this in case someone else may find it benefical to them. Just getting time to do it is the problem. I just don't have a place to work.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ?
I wanted to post that I took my TLB back to the dealership and they changed the right side mount on the backhoe subframe. I picked it up at closing time on a Saturday and was anxious to see if the pins pulled out easily. Well, it was the same as before. I took a piece of thin walled stainless tubing and split it into about a half moon. I pulled the pins and raised the backhoe slightly to install the shim in the saddle. It worked perfect. I used two hose clamps and installed it directly to the pin. I decided to do it this way instead of welding it in place. If it wears down, it will be easily replaced in the future.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #24  
Also, make sure that the pressure in the rear tires is equal....if not, that could make it difficult to install the BH.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #25  
Trying to remove the BH from a B2620. Center pin came right out. I can't get either side pin to budge, no matter how I lift with the bucket. I don't remember having this problem last year. Any advice appreciated.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #26  
Not sure what center pin you're talking about? There should be two pins on the sides and booming down should take the pressure off. If you removed the pin that prevents side to side boom rotation I would leave that in to ensure the lifting force of the boom is centered. Maybe try a bit of penetrating oil and tap them with a hammer. On mine I have to get it just right so I usually pull the pin with one hand and boom down with the other.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #27  
on the bh65 there is a right and left pin only that have to be removed. As Tractores said you have to fiddle with either the stabs or the bucket to get the pins out.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #28  
OK... I will put the boom pin back in and keep working the stabilizer and the bucket. There isn't much room between the right/left pins and the tires....not enough to get a punch and/or hammer. I will also try some oil. and patience.... Thanks y'all.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #29  
I got a small ball peen hammer for that purpose, you don't need much just a few taps

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #30  
Well 2 years later and 250 hours on my B2920 and backhoe install/removal is a breeze. Take the pressure off the pins with the bucket so they turn then a smidge of leveling pad and they just fall right out. Haven't had to wrestle that beast in a long time. Ha I ran out of stumps to dig on my property so a couple weeks ago I dug like 20 small stumps for my neighbor. The poor guy was digging them by hand or trying to burn them out of the ground. 2.5 hours of Kubota backhoe and he had a huge pile of stumps dug, he was amazed.