Backhoe B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ?

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #11  
My B2920 with BH65 has the same gap as your does on one side. I don't think raising the sub-frame on one side will help will it, since it is all one piece (where the bottom pin rests, and where the top pin threads through). I always put by backhoe on and off in the driveway, which is NOT level (it is gravel with a slope). Never too much of a hassle, I just have to fiddle with it. Never noticed it until I read this post.

Let me know if you fix it and if it makes a difference. I am leaning towards a previous posters comment that the top pins are what actually hold it on, and the bottom ones are for alignment and such. Looking forward to your answer.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #12  
Okay I removed my backhoe this weekend, had to tap the pins out with a hammer, they were snug but I was able to turn them by hand. Tonight I reinstalled the backhoe, 5 minutes to line up the tractor, maybe 5 more to connect the hydraulics, hoist it up on the lower mounts, raise it up and put the pins back in, fairly easy. I did grease the pins and pin holes as they were dry and had very light corrosion. I was able to put the pins in about 3/4 of the way by hand then tapped them the rest of the way in with a hammer, light taps it didn't take much.

Now here's the deal, I tested the pin fit with the backhoe off on the floor, the pins fit loose in the backhoe and they fit loose in the backhoe frame so any tightness would be due to alignment not paint.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #13  
My pins fit tight sometimes. I find that if I raise the stabilizers very very slowly (engine idling)while keeping one hand one the pin I can feel when the pin is loose and is ready to come out or go back in. I am guessing that we have to finesse the pins in and out. You might also try raising the bh by lifting it up by rolling the bucket.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ?
I just wanted to post that i finally had a chance today to loosen my subframe completely and tried several different things to see if the right side would set down completely in the saddle. I mounted the backhoe with the subframe loose and also used the backhoe with down pressure to raise the subframe. Each time i tighened it in any position, it was the same result. A gap still appears on the bottom right. Left pin pulls with ease like the ones on the front loader but the right one is stubborn. I use the stabilizers and then I find the happy spot. Once the pins pulls loose from the outside edge of the frame, it slides the rest of the way with ease. I think i may try to put just a little up pressure with a floor jack tomorrow at the pin area on the backhoe and see if that allows the pin to pull free without binding. If that works, I may fit the saddle on the side with some shim material to build up the difference. If it works, I'll post the result.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #15  
Is the lower backhoe pin bent or welded on crooked? One of mine looks straight, the other not so straight.

I didn't think to look at the backhoe itself. I'll check it tomorrow also. I'll take a tape measure and measure each side from pin to saddle and see if they are the same. Right side pin just pulls out so easy. I'll keep on working until I find a simple solution to make the right side pull just as easy. Lol. Im not sure where the pin is binding, top or bottom, or maybe on one side. I'll take a sharpie and color the end and tap it lightly and remove to see where i am binding. I did notice one thing. Where the backhoe has been removed several times now, i have a small spot on the right side that has rubbed the paint off. Other side has no rub marks.

photo[2].JPG

photo[2].JPG I went over today to where I store my backhoe and I had thought about an idea to try and see if it would work. I put the backhoe down with pressure and the left pin pulled with no problem at all. The right one was binded tight. I got my floor jack and put under the backhoe where it sits in the saddle. I took the jack and added just enough pressure to the backhoe as if was bottomed out in the saddle. I checked the pin on the right side and it pulled with no problem at all. The problem is the subframe is off about 3/16's of an inch. I took a picture and sent it to the dealer to show that gap in the saddle and the pin to see if Kubota will do anything about it. I just bought it August 24th of 2012. I hope to get an answer sometime next week. I know that is just a minor issue that I can live with but at $30,000+, I just want it to right. I'll post what I find out ASAP.

/ B2920 BH65 Install and Removal ? #19  
On mine I've had to tap a hammer at first, though with age it got loose (I did have a tight fit originally even w/o the BH on). Now when taking it off I do find that the down pressure needed to remove the pins is different. The left one comes out easily and then I slowly ease the down pressure by raising the boom as I pull on the right one until the right one comes out. I suspect it's just due to the BH being slightly out of line or not level.

I do use a dolly that I built and described in the below thread. That helps a lot to line it up and I do not use the stabilizers at all to mount / dismount. You probably know this, but you want it supported entirely by the saddle when mounting / dismounting VS having weight on the stabilizers.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/236155-bh65-backhoe-dolly-build.html

I like the dolly you built. I had seen it before and sent the thread to my brother which has a B3030. I thought he would like the dolly since he had talked about making something so he could move it around when he removed his backhoe from his tractor. I contacted Kubota about the BH65 weight when I bought the tractor. They gave me weight of 1400lbs. Do you know if that is about right? Do you have any flex in the wooden dolly as you move it around? I would of guessed it around 800 to 1000lbs maybe.