B2920 Chains rubbing

/ B2920 Chains rubbing #11  
   / B2920 Chains rubbing #12  
If you can't eliminate the interference by tightening or adjusting the chains, if the interference is small you may consider trimming or grinding then prime and paint.

Of course this would not be advised if it required major trimming of a structural part.

/ B2920 Chains rubbing #13  
I installed chains and spacers on my Kubota B2320 with turf tires and they are great. Bought the spacers from Kubota dealer, specific part number for that application. They are machined really well and fit perfectly.

I did it myself, and I am not a mechanic. Yup, tires are a real bear but you can leverage them back on with a bar and wood blocks. Chains make a huge differenceon my paved steep driveway.

/ B2920 Chains rubbing
I installed chains and spacers on my Kubota B2320 with turf tires and they are great. Bought the spacers from Kubota dealer, specific part number for that application. They are machined really well and fit perfectly.
I did it myself, and I am not a mechanic. Yup, tires are a real bear but you can leverage them back on with a bar and wood blocks. Chains make a huge differenceon my paved steep driveway.

Do you happen to know the part number and what they cost? It'd be the same part for the 2920 I believe. I'm having trouble finding the part number. Spacers are probably the right thing to do and I could use the extra stability as I operate on hills all the time anyway...

At this point it doesn't appear that tightening is going to get me the clearance I need and I don't want to risk rusting out or trimming part of the frame given that I use the BH a fair bit and that puts serious stress on the tractor.

/ B2920 Chains rubbing #15  
Another wheel spacer source is Bro-tek. There are threads on TBN that refer to them.

If I had not been able to solve my Dk35 chain clearance problem I would have gone with their spacers.

/ B2920 Chains rubbing #16  
Not sure it is possible but I had the same problem with my turf tires on my Kubota F2100. All I did was take off the wheel and turn it inside out. Now a wider track and plenty of room for the chains.

/ B2920 Chains rubbing
Another wheel spacer source is Bro-tek. There are threads on TBN that refer to them.
If I had not been able to solve my Dk35 chain clearance problem I would have gone with their spacers.

Thanks! I'll check them out. I have to imagine that someone may have them a bit cheaper than the what I've heard the kubota ones cost....

Not sure it is possible but I had the same problem with my turf tires on my Kubota F2100. All I did was take off the wheel and turn it inside out. Now a wider track and plenty of room for the chains.

I looked at that option as I've heard of folks doing that. Unfortunately the way the wheels are the lugs are way on the inside, so turning around isn't possible. I thought of putting a few washers on the lugs, which would get me the MM of clearance I need, but haven't checked to see if that's feasible with the length of the lugs.

/ B2920 Chains rubbing #18  
Check the clearance for the mmm with spacers. You might need to remove the spacers in the summer to mow.

/ B2920 Chains rubbing #19  
Do you happen to know the part number and what they cost? It'd be the same part for the 2920 I believe. I'm having trouble finding the part number. Spacers are probably the right thing to do and I could use the extra stability as I operate on hills all the time anyway...

At this point it doesn't appear that tightening is going to get me the clearance I need and I don't want to risk rusting out or trimming part of the frame given that I use the BH a fair bit and that puts serious stress on the tractor.

Part number B8786, they cost me $299 plus tax, and include the extended wheel studs.

The instruction sheet says: IMPORTANT: "..is recommended for use on rear tires when installing tire chains for winter applications such as snowblowing. The B8786 wheel spacer kit is not approved for backhoe and mowing applications."

Hope this helps your decision. I do not mow with this machine, nor do I have a backhoe.

/ B2920 Chains rubbing
Thanks for the part number. The mowing doesn't bother me as I don't mow with this machine, but I do a lot of BH work. I'm guessing the issue may be stress on the axle... Though once the ground is frozen I don't use the BH that often so if putting on and taking of spacers isn't too hard maybe that's the right way to go. Surprising they didn't ust make it with enough clearance in the first place...