B2920 vibration under load....

/ B2920 vibration under load.... #1  

jambx

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB, ZD21-60P, 1949 US Baird Beaver
Since I just turned 10 hours I am still working the B gently however, yesterday when I went to use my middle buster (potato plow) in the garden -(4WD, 2000 RPM) I experienced a very noticeable vibration under the deck. Now, prior to plowing I was using my bush hog and there were no problems but, later that very day I went to pull a 2000 lb trailer and noticed the vibration again (be it not as noticeable as when I was plowing). So it appears to happen when the tractor is used in a ground engagement role.

Has any B2X20 user experience anything like this?

/ B2920 vibration under load.... #2  
You say under the deck......... mmm?, or hood? I haven't experienced anything like that in doing similar chores with mine yet. (55hrs) What range were you working in? 4wd? Let's try to figure this out.

/ B2920 vibration under load.... #3  
I think he's referring to the operator platform/floorboard.

/ B2920 vibration under load.... #4  
High frequency (follows engine RPM)?
Low frequency (follows driveline/forward speed)?

/ B2920 vibration under load....
Hi Guys,

It is happening under the floor-board.

From what I can tell the vibration does not follow the RPMs - it stays constant under load (pulling something heavy).

I plan to go out tonight and really make a effort to see if I can pin-point where it is coming from - I not only hear it but to a certain degree feel it.

It almost sounds like the heat shield on my trucks exhaust system rattling around.

I had a BX22 with 700 hours and its my only real gauge and from my experience with the BX, this vibration / noise is not normal.

Why me.:mad:

/ B2920 vibration under load.... #6  
I actually noticed some vibration only under load and only in 4WD. Not while I was pulling anything, but when I was moving a load of stone. It went away after I put the machine in N, pulled the machine out of 4WD, and stepped on the HST pedal. Once put back in gear everything was fine so I assumed it was my error.
It's ironic one of the main reasons I bought the 2920 was it's lack of engine vibration vs. others? Let us know what you find!

/ B2920 vibration under load.... #7  
I have not seen this on my 2920.

/ B2920 vibration under load.... #9  
Does the vibration sound sorta like a ratcheting noise? What gear were you in? My hst makes a kinda ratcheting sound when under load. Like when I first take off in a high gear or start to go up a steep hill. I would call it a slow ratchet and it is directly related to the movement of the hst pedal. I beleive that it is not right on mine, but have not come to any conclusions. :confused: I am guessing/hoping it is a relieve valve or something.

/ B2920 vibration under load.... #10  
The only vibration noise I get on my B2620 is from the seat belt vibrating against the fender when I'm not wearing it :p

Troy