B2920 won’t start

/ B2920 won’t start #51  
the manual for the B2910 WSM (service manual) from the link earlier have the details as follows : Maybe they are close enough to use on the 2920? Dunno.

Page 9.S8 and 9.s9 show the proper starter test and starter relay location and test.
2920StarterRelayPic.jpg

2920StarterTest1jpg.jpg

/ B2920 won’t start #52  
the manual for the B2910 WSM (service manual) from the link earlier have the details as follows : Maybe they are close enough to use on the 2920? Dunno.

Page 9.S8 and 9.s9 show the proper starter test and starter relay location and test.
View attachment 578810

View attachment 578811
I guess the "panel board" is the dashboard? I see the wording is English with a poor translation from Japanese, sometimes that is way too confusing..

/ B2920 won’t start
Sure looks like dash needs to come off. Do I need a wheel puller to get the steering wheel off?

/ B2920 won’t start #54  
Sure looks like dash needs to come off. Do I need a wheel puller to get the steering wheel off?
Apologies if I am off base but I had to replace my instrument cluster and I thought I had to pull my steering wheel to get the housing off. I finally realized I could pop out instrument cluster without removing anything else but the lower cowling that comes off easily. Maybe this gives you access you need?

/ B2920 won’t start #55  
relays and solenoids are 2 different things.. on his tractor, the starter relay activates the solenoid on the starter..

I didn't know if it had a solenoid or relay. Was talking solenoid before the diagram was posted and just kept thinking solenoid not noticing it had a relay until a little later.

/ B2920 won’t start #56  
I didn't know if it had a solenoid or relay. Was talking solenoid before the diagram was posted and just kept thinking solenoid not noticing it had a relay until a little later.
his tractor is a bit odd, usually a starter relay takes the load off the ignition switch, the ignition switch only needs to energize the coil on the relay, in this case, the starter relay acts only as the safety switch, the full current of the starter solenoid is supplied by the ignition switch, which goes through the relay, I'm surprised they did it this way!..

/ B2920 won’t start #57  
My "L" does not have one. I wonder if it has something to do possibly w/ no firewall tween IGN and Tank? and providing a gas sealed relay? My ignition is separated from the innards by a hard wall. I could not tell on here and it's a SWAG anyway. Dunno. Hope this is finally down to failed component isolation. seems close.

/ B2920 won’t start #58  

I wouldn't think you would have to pull the steering wheel. The dash doesn't have to come off just out far enough for you to get behind it to unplug the switch and get your test leads to the switch.

/ B2920 won’t start #59  
Anything new to report? I’d love to know what was the problem.

/ B2920 won’t start
So far nothing. Have not had time to investigate further. Maybe this weekend.