Grading B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630)

/ B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630)
I'm with you on that. Your pics got me taking a second look at Land Pride a few days ago but I'm thinking the black blade feels a little left out in the field, so to speak.

Attachments

• RB2572 (WinCE).jpg
    RB2572 (WinCE).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 289
   / B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630) #12  
I have used Fibered Aluminum Roof Coating
for many years on my barn roofs. No leaks after 25 & 36 years. The coating is thick enough to seal nail and other small holes.
Last time I bought the coating at Home Depot it was around $30 for 5 gallons.

The paint is Kubota 1 qt acrylic enamel p# 70000-73712 ($50) from Island Tractor in Duncan. I had a local body shop spray the new 4N1 (disassembled) after I welded on the chain hooks. There were only a few ounces of paint left in the can.

Attachments

• Orange Paint.jpg
    Orange Paint.jpg
    750.8 KB · Views: 292
   / B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630) #15  
For smaller projects, you can also try spray cans of Dupli-Color Engine Enamel, DE1620 Chevrolet Orange. I tried it on a small spot on my tractor, and it matched perfectly. It can be found at auto parts stores for at least half the price of the Kubota orange spray cans. I also used Rust-Oleum 7784 Charcoal Gray on my light brackets that I mounted to the ROPS.

I have a can of each of the Kubota orange and grey on hand just in case. I have a landscape rake that I need to repaint because it is painted Case red, so the Dupli-Color will be perfect for that. I hear the Kubota paint is very high quality, but it's too expensive to use on certain implements, so the cheaper paints should work fine for those.

/ B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630) #16  
Thanks guys.
I'll get some of the kubota paint for those touchups on the main tractor.
I'll use the cheaper paint for my implements once I find a store that carries those colors.
Right now my box blade is red/black, and my chipper is red/yellow. They will change to orange when my schedule frees up.

/ B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630) #17  
For smaller projects, you can also try spray cans of Dupli-Color Engine Enamel, DE1620 Chevrolet Orange. I tried it on a small spot on my tractor, and it matched perfectly. It can be found at auto parts stores for at least half the price of the Kubota orange spray cans.

Coincidentally, when i painted my JD green ballast box orange, i had a couple cans of the Chevrolet engine orange hanging around, so i used them for the first couple coats. You are right..... the match is near perfect. I used the Kubota orance for the top coat or two....... saving on the overall cost of painting it.

I just realized that I have neglected to post my results from this thread :eek:.

I purchased the Land Pride 2572 rear blade last winter and only got to use it once albeit with great success. Twice already this winter and it still works like a hot **** :thumbsup:.

I have "top and tilt" hydraulics on my 3 point with full float on the tilt. When I'm plowing I adjust the setup below using the top cylinder for gravel clearance of about 1" and lower the 3 point position control all the way to float and the tilt cylinder to float as well.

Attachments

• 2010 Nov 25 Snowploughing s.jpg
    2010 Nov 25 Snowploughing s.jpg
    637.2 KB · Views: 953
  • RB.jpg
    RB.jpg
    867.7 KB · Views: 506
Last edited:
   / B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630) #19  
I am looking to add wheels to my blade. I have a set on my rake so I just need to add the mounts to the back of the blade. I bought skid shoes but they still tear up the ground. Maybe this will instill some urgency in my project!! Or, maybe not!!

Deano

In response to a PM that is worth sharing: "Saw your comment about wheels on a blade for snow removal. Where would I look to purchase something like that? I have a Land Pride RB15 blade."

Reply: "You'll have to make your own mounting bracket as I did but much simpler than mine since it doesn't need to be adjustable, just tilt your blade to adjust blade edge ground clearance. Weld on 2 horizontal plates with a vertical support struts to the back of the blade and you are done. Set the caster height to give 1" blade edge clearance with the blade vertical. The wheels (STY103-***-SS-T) came from Algood Casters in BC Canada, page 24. The original wheels and pneumatic tires eventually self destructed so I switched to rigid, sturdy steel wheels and they work."

Word of caution: raise the blade before backing up or you will bend the caster assembly. Alternatively, you could extend the mount rearward with a longer and stronger bracket so that the caster can make a full rotation without hitting the blade ;). The down side of this is there will be more scalping on uneven surfaces and changing grades as the distance between blade and wheel contact increases :confused2:.
Algood10inchSteelCaster.jpg

Last edited: