Grading B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630)

/ B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630)
561324d1530817200-b3030-rops-4n1-tnt-etc-rb2-jpg

In hindsight, I overengineered this project :rolleyes: Should have simply welded the caster bearing plate to the rear blade and then add the welded diagonal support strut (which has a T cross section for strength) directly to the plate and blade. Just remember to level the blade 3 point carrier so the upper and lower edges of the blade are on a vertical plane and raise the blade 1" off a level surface with spacers. Align the casters directly on that level surface and proceed with welding.

Each caster supports 3500 lbs with cast iron wheels 3" x 10" that 'float' the blade over my driveway when it's buried in snow without scalping the gravel.
The 1" clearance is easily reduced for grading by adjusting the 3 point top link.

This is clarification for the previous post which has lost its picture.
RB2.jpg

Last edited:
   / B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630) #22  
561324d1530817200-b3030-rops-4n1-tnt-etc-rb2-jpg

In hindsight, I overengineered this project :rolleyes: Should have simply welded the caster bearing plate to the rear blade and then add the welded diagonal support strut (which has a T cross section for strength) directly to the plate and blade. Just remember to level the blade 3 point carrier so the upper and lower edges of the blade are on a vertical plane and raise the blade 1" off a level surface with spacers. Align the casters directly on that level surface and proceed with welding.
The wheels are 3" x 10" cast iron which 'float' the blade over my gravel driveway without scalping.

This is clarification for the previous post which has lost its picture.

Nice.

/ B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630) #23  
In my world the casters must have extreme adjustability. Some times the ground is frozen with dry snow and needs to be scraped close to the ground. Next time it's thawed ground with heavy wet snow and need considerable scrape clearance.

/ B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630)
On a flat surface I can adjust the blade from touching the ground to 2.5" above which is more than enough for my driveway snow removal, wet or dry, and I can do it hydraulically on the fly without leaving my seat :)
Should I want more clearance, and I haven't in 9 years, you can see my caster height adjusters would allow another 2" ;)

Last edited:
   / B3030 Rear Blade (& B2630) #25  
garc

I like ‘em. Nice job and I need something like that on my rear blade

Last edited: