Mowing B3350 died while in regen mowing grass

/ B3350 died while in regen mowing grass #1  

powersrp

Bronze Member
Tractor
2015 kubota B3350
Was mowing grass 2400 rpm during regen for aprox 10 minutes then tractor died, first time its done this, **** ive been bragging it up, guess its my turn. all levers checked, played with hst pedal, seat switch etc, sat for 30 min still no crank, if i pull ecu fuse it will crank. I also took battery cable off for a few minutes. Called the dealer, friggin notthead, said check all fuses call me back, ive never heard of that, i told him to read the forums. lol. all fuses good, everything seems to work, no warnings on dash, 3 bars on engine temps.

/ B3350 died while in regen mowing grass
45 min cool down, good to go, i think the mowing, 85 deg and killer humidity got her hot, .

/ B3350 died while in regen mowing grass #3  
Every timer I read this stuff. I chuckle to myself and thank myself for having 2 T2 non emissions diesels, actually 3. My diesel pickup truck has no emissions either.

/ B3350 died while in regen mowing grass #4  
45 min cool down, good to go, i think the mowing, 85 deg and killer humidity got her hot, .

If I may ask because I'am in a hot, humid state when it comes to weather more or less where are you ?

/ B3350 died while in regen mowing grass #5  
Ate you saying after regen it shuts down and your supposed to wait 45 minutes before you go again?

I live in northern mi, was mowing grass and regen came light came on, rear pto at 535 ish, rpms 2340. 3 bars on engine temp out of 6 , outside temp 84 deg, humidity in the 80’s, mowed for about 10 minutes and it just flat quit, and would not crank, checked everything over, including fuses and safety switches, all good. lifted hood, called dealer, no help, dicked around for about 45 minutes, then it fired back up, took another 30 min to complete a parked regen at 2400 rpms and mowed for another hour with no problems. I added some fuel lubricant to this tank, maybe it got the dpf to hot, dunno, but it def was a over temp dpf.

Ate you saying after regen it shuts down and your supposed to wait 45 minutes before you go again?

no the tractor quit in middle of regen, if it quits because of over temp dpf filter it will take quiet awhile to kool down and computer to reset, and then start a complete regen again, best to do a parked regen.

/ B3350 died while in regen mowing grass #8  
I live in northern mi, was mowing grass and regen came light came on, rear pto at 535 ish, rpms 2340. 3 bars on engine temp out of 6 , outside temp 84 deg, humidity in the 80’s, mowed for about 10 minutes and it just flat quit, and would not crank, checked everything over, including fuses and safety switches, all good. lifted hood, called dealer, no help, dicked around for about 45 minutes, then it fired back up, took another 30 min to complete a parked regen at 2400 rpms and mowed for another hour with no problems. I added some fuel lubricant to this tank, maybe it got the dpf to hot, dunno, but it def was a over temp dpf.

What dealer did you call

/ B3350 died while in regen mowing grass #9  
no the tractor quit in middle of regen, if it quits because of over temp dpf filter it will take quiet awhile to kool down and computer to reset, and then start a complete regen again, best to do a parked regen.

Sounds like you have the same issues that I had (and likely still have).

DPF temp sensor(s) detect OT and immediately shut down engine. Engine will restart after a 20-30 minute cool down period.

This problem will not go away and will almost certainly worsen.

My 2018 3350 was in the shop for 12 straight weeks last summer for this very issue. Kubota "reconditioned" cylinder head (small amount of oil getting past intake valve seals and valve guides causing "over fueling" condition). I'm skeptical. DPF and reformer also replaced under warranty. Bill would have been $6,000-$8,000 but for warranty.

Mine just regened (operating regen) successfully the first time a few days ago since I bought it a bit over 2 years ago. Total hours now 53.2, about 50% of which are in shop diagnostics, parked regens, etc.

FWIW: My B3350 has ALL of the updates, etc. and has had since day one.

Jury is still out.

SDT

/ B3350 died while in regen mowing grass #10