B3350 hsdc trade in?

/ B3350 hsdc trade in? #41  
So it must have been really plugged to be doing that, a couple times during regen mine will blow really white exhaust and i can tell its adding fuel to get it hot, i opened the hood for sum help. Works as designed.

/ B3350 hsdc trade in? #42  
So it must have been really plugged to be doing that, a couple times during regen mine will blow really white exhaust and i can tell its adding fuel to get it hot, i opened the hood for sum help. Works as designed.

Actually, the temp sensor is pretty sensitive so if its regenerating and you bog the engine, run at lower RPM and heavy load, or there is a quick spike in exhaust temp, the OT sensor triggers and latches. This kills the tractor, interlocks and prevents starting for about 20 minutes. I was told it was a safety feature to prevent burning the reformer. IF it happens to you, you will be pretty mad. Since the tractor literally stops exactly where it is. In the brush, in a field, on the road, it is dead, for about 20 minutes. I have had it happen to me more than once and I thought it was a defect, I found out it is not. So now, I make sure not to cause an exhaust temp spike when its regenerating. You can work it hard, just don't spike it.

No you cannot remove the sensor or mess with it. IT is how the ECU manages and controls the regen cycle. It is required.

I would LOVE to disable this feature, but until I get another ECU and have my son hack it, I am mindful of the possibility.

RGAZ

/ B3350 hsdc trade in? #43  
Actually, the temp sensor is pretty sensitive so if its regenerating and you bog the engine, run at lower RPM and heavy load, or there is a quick spike in exhaust temp, the OT sensor triggers and latches. This kills the tractor, interlocks and prevents starting for about 20 minutes. I was told it was a safety feature to prevent burning the reformer. IF it happens to you, you will be pretty mad. Since the tractor literally stops exactly where it is. In the brush, in a field, on the road, it is dead, for about 20 minutes. I have had it happen to me more than once and I thought it was a defect, I found out it is not. So now, I make sure not to cause an exhaust temp spike when its regenerating. You can work it hard, just don't spike it.

No you cannot remove the sensor or mess with it. IT is how the ECU manages and controls the regen cycle. It is required.

I would LOVE to disable this feature, but until I get another ECU and have my son hack it, I am mindful of the possibility.

RGAZ

I was told that the OT was caused by over fueling, which was itself caused by engine oil getting past the intake valve seals/guides and into the combustion chamber. I'm skeptical.

In any event, the cylinder head was sent out for "reconditioning" and both EPF and reformer were replaced.

It has regened once since I've had it back and that regen was the first successful operating regen that it has performed since I bought it.

Jury is still out.

SDT