B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow

/ B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow #1  

nostep

Bronze Member
Tractor
1978 Kubota B6100DT
I am going to add a hydraulic snow plow to my B6100. Is it correct to tap into the port under the seat (picture attached)? I know where to return the fluid, in the fill port. My question is, my machine doesn't have a valve on the plate containing what I am assuming is the pressure port. Will I need that?

I am also under the impression that I need the fluid that has already passed through (or just after) the 3-pt lift controls and was heading back to tank. Any links out there to give me some pointers?

Attachments

• B6100 Hydraulics.JPG
    B6100 Hydraulics.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 789
   / B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow #2  
I'm pretty sure the plug to the left of the shifter is the return line. The lever under the seat controls the flow to the other plug near it. If you turn the lever it diverts it out the hole instead of to the 3ph. This is a one or the other deal. Another way to do it is via the hydraulic block up and forward of the brake pedal. The front pipe comes from the pump on the engine and heads back to the 3ph. My tractor has a loader and this block feeds it, then the loader valve sends the fluid back into it and to the 3PH. If you look you will see it has a cover on this block, the cover can be replaced to accept hydraulic hoses. Search my name and you will see some pictures of this block and how it's setup for a loader. It would make your plow hoses shorter but if you took the plow off you would have to put the original cover back on or feed the fluid right back in.

/ B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow
Thanks for the info. Mine doesn't actually have that valve, just a single pipe plug. Not sure if it's flow or return. The front block idea sounds good. If I ever get this project going, I'll put up some photos.

/ B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow #5  
The hydraulic block located just downstream from the pump would be the one to use. You will need to use a valve of the " Power Beyond" type to make this work and not damage the hydraulic system.

Wow, been a year already. I did finally get around to designing a snow plow mount. My Dad is building it right now. I'll post some pictures.

Anyway, anyone know the correct part number for a B6100 for that plate over the pump to divert the fluid to new valves?

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a control valve for up-down and tilt?

Anyone have pictures of what that plate looks like?

Thanks for that link because I think I just learned something important. I thought last year that what I was looking for was a replacement for the top of the gear pump which then provided two ports. From rereading the above link it looks like that was wrong. It appears that someone was talking about a cover plate for an existing inline hydraulic tap point, which I do not have. I guess I will have to refigure how to do this.

Pictures of the work so far. Tilt is done. going to work on the lift next. plow is a Moose Country Plow, $214 delivered to my local dealer.

Attachments

• DSC04477.jpg
    DSC04477.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 827
  • DSC04479.jpg
    DSC04479.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 620
  • DSC04480.jpg
    DSC04480.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 364
  • DSC04484.jpg
    DSC04484.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 800
   / B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow #9  
Looks good. As for the block, I thought they all came with it. It would be on the brake side. None of your pictures show the area but if you post one of the brake side of the tractor we can look for it.

It's not there. I'm resigned to the fact that I'll have to cut the tube. No big deal, I'll just use 12MM compression fittings to tie in. Might ask my Dad to make me a block. Not sure yet.

Still have to figure out a lift. Really not much room in front for a cylinder where the hood won't hit it (when being opened). Considering using a cable and some pulleys and putting the cylinder underneath. Also considering using the three point lift by running the cable to the back.