B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow

/ B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow
I discovered a great safety device. I had used an S-hook to hold the rear pulley to the upper 3-point arm. I was blasting some serious street ice and I tried to lift before I had backed up. Popped the S-hook. At first I was dismayed, but then I realized that it makes a GREAT safety link. I can replace the S-hook in 5 seconds, much easier than repairing cables or brackets. I rebent the S-hook and carry it as a spare.

/ B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow #23  
Whoa not sure if you have done this yet. no need to drill, cut or bore into any place on the tractor.
I put a hydraulic cylinder on mine using the block on the side of the high pressure. I will post pick and info later but I would not cut anything. You need a open center control valve as the fluid has to flow through to the rear of the tractor and not dead head, or it will burn out your pump as there is no bypass on the pump.
so this is where the block come in
It flows out of the block on the right hand side of the hydraulics to the control valve, then back to the same block but on the return side of the block.
your implements are then attached to the other fittings on the hydraulic valve. I will post a picture late.

Sandman

/ B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow #24  
With a hydraulic angle cylinder it is very important to have a cross over relief valve. The Cylinder will act as a pump and push fluid back towards your control valve if you hit something solid. My B4200 is similar to your tractor. It has a nice internal hydraulic system so you should not have had to add a powerpack.

/ B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow #25  
With a hydraulic angle cylinder it is very important to have a cross over relief valve. The Cylinder will act as a pump and push fluid back towards your control valve if you hit something solid. My B4200 is similar to your tractor. It has a nice internal hydraulic system so you should not have had to add a powerpack.

good point IMG_1421.JPG This is the block you need and it re directs the hydraulic fluid that would usually run back to the 3 pt hitch.

exits the block on the right side from the pump
go's to the open center control valve on the (line in) side
exits the control valve from the (line out) side
returns to the block on the left.
This way the 3 pt hitch works and the other attachments work but only one at a time as the pump is not too big.

I hope this helps

Sandman

/ B6100 Adding Hydraulic Plow #26  
Also of note is Nostep shows a picture on his original post. It has an item labelled "Grip" . That looks alot like the selector valve on my B4200. It should have an arrow on the grip. Pointed to the left, directs flow to the 3PTH. To the right directs flow to the port on the right side of the grip. Both actions controlled by the 3PTH lever.

Not sure if my picture will be clear enough but I am far from my tractor at this time. I circled the pressure port at my "grip" or selector handle.

Attachments

• Control.jpg
    Control.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 151