B7800 front axle leaking

/ B7800 front axle leaking
The B7800 is vented. Is there a realistic chance that it is not functioning? I have not driven through anything that would have clogged it. The only issue I could think of is insects...

/ B7800 front axle leaking #12  
The B7800 is vented. Is there a realistic chance that it is not functioning? I have not driven through anything that would have clogged it. The only issue I could think of is insects...

Around here you see a lot vents clogged by those mud-dauber wasps. Sometimes a clear piece of hose on the vent seems to keep them away. Our littlest tractor had the 3p & rear axle housing vented behind the seat and that vent was like a magnet for mud daubers. I finally put a copper pipe on the vent and eventually a piece of clear hose with screen in the hose.

Hard to tell if venting was your problem originally, but it makes sense to check it. After the work you say you had done I wouldn't bet on anything.

I was thinking about what you wrote where your dealer says he hired a poor mechanic and guy maybe messed up your front axle... In my opinion that becomes an obligation on the dealer to help fix the situation. Maybe give him a chance to make it right.
rScotty

I went to the dealer today and saw the axle. These are a few pictures.

Attachments

• 523D361B-B9A9-4B75-95FE-92061ECC0962.jpeg
    523D361B-B9A9-4B75-95FE-92061ECC0962.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • 9F2D7E3F-9EEB-4025-AB22-6A6928D85451.jpeg
    9F2D7E3F-9EEB-4025-AB22-6A6928D85451.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56
   / B7800 front axle leaking #14  
Didn’t see any mention of where the front axle is leaking FROM …

Given your pics above, is it from the axle center pivots ? (Rather than from the bevel gear case pivots on each wheel)

If so I can tell you there is a replaceable bushing in at least the front pivot.

I replaced that bushing in my B2910 @ around 2500 hours.

Thanks! The picture of the axle itself shows the scoring. I was told that this is why a speedi-sleeve would not work when attempted previously.

/ B7800 front axle leaking #16  
There is very limited movement in the front axle - yes the scoring is there, and could this be sanded smooth then insert some shims to tighen it up?

Here's the diagram and parts list - appears the housing at $735 is the expensive part - that's why maybe a machine shop and some bushings would be a less costly approach.

/ B7800 front axle leaking #17  
And that's why you dont forget to grease every fitting..even if it's hard to get to.

/ B7800 front axle leaking #18  
So the top of the bushing is where the wear occurs and I suspect the oil level is half way up the bushing requiring the oil to literally splash into the wear area when the tractor is running. Poor design I would think. Thin lubricant (hydraulic oil being anywhere from 10 to 30 weight) has poor ability to "hang" on a surface.

If you run on primarily level ground, I would assume no oil gets to the actual wear point.

I would agree with Carl_NH above, I would throw all three parts (front hanger as well) in my truck and head to a reputable machine shop for hopefully a cure.

/ B7800 front axle leaking #19  
Every Kubota that I've owned (have had at least 10 over my lifetime) has grease fittings on the lower and upper part of the pivot casting and they need to be greased regularly. I grease mine until I see grease coming from the joint. Easy to miss but they are there. One on the bottom side and one on either the right or left side about halfway up by the front prop shaft.

I don't believe there are any grease fittings anywhere near this wear point.