Baby Pig. Now What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Baby Pig. Now What? #21  
Oh......, it looks so cute. I was going to say that whomever cat that was would be a good start in finding the owner since I would think that they both know each other. Wait, I remember one of my parents "finding" a puppy one time too. Anyway, I vote for the pet issue. BB looks so content now that his furry friend is around to play with and watch over him. BB will eventually think he is a cat, hmm...., 450 lbs of bacon on top of one of the new cars in the driveway doesn't sound so good, lol.

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #22  
The only thing that pen needs is one of your signs out front. "Another custom home by Eddie Walker":thumbsup:

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #23  
I hope you've started on a bigger pen, because he'll outgrow that one in a hurry. You find out when the day he's not there anymore.
They're cute for a while, but they aren't pets.

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #24  
Our local vet says buttermilk is easier for very young animals to digest.

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #25  
That piggy looks to be about all worn out. Rough journey getting to Eddie's, I guess.

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #26  
Here's a picture of Eddie taking his pigs to town in a couple of years.;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• hog-heaven.jpg
    hog-heaven.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 2,576
   / Baby Pig. Now What? #27  
   / Baby Pig. Now What? #28  
I grabed my fishing net and caught it fairly easily. Then it got tangled up, so my Dad cut away some of the netting.

I don't know why, but when I saw that second pic, with you mugging for the camera and your Dad carefully cutting the little porker loose, all i could hear in my head was him saying 'now son, pay attention'. :D

Cute pig.

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #29  
Eddie, we get a bottle baby every once and awhile ... he will scour on the whole milk from the store. Get fresh goats milk or Cows milk ... daily give him a tablespoon of canned pumpkin (not pie filler) real pumpkin ... this will help keep him regular. Also get a box of Baby Food RICE and mix it with the milk, you will not need a bottle put the rice and milk in a dog bowl stick his nose it it he will drink. Good luck

/ Baby Pig. Now What? #30  
When I was in grade school, we had a sow that had a litter of pigs and every morning when dad went to the barn, there'd be one less pig. He finally figured that she was eating them so he saved the last one and we raised it, kept it in a box behind the wood stove till it got big enough to stay outside. It sure was a fun pet, more like a dog than a pig, we never pinned it up, it just hung around the house and slept on the porch. It would follow me to the bus stop every morning and as soon as the bus got in sight of the house, that pig would come running to meet me when I got off the bus. By the time it got to be about 200#, I had an attack of appendicitis and had to have surgery. Back then, we didn't have insurance so the little piggy went to market to pay the bill. I sure missed him when I got home.

Status
Not open for further replies.