Back Hoe Removal

/ Back Hoe Removal #1  

tsteahr

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410tlb w/ R1 and Rimguard
When I remove the BH from my GC2410 for a afternoon, I generally don't lower it to the ground after I unhitch from the tractor. I usually just leave it perched on three point like a tripod. It makes reattachment one less step.

Is this a bad thing to do? Am I putting undue stress on the stabilizer seals just leaving them sit? Should I always lower the BH to the ground?

/ Back Hoe Removal #2  
If your going to leave it off for a while I would put some blocks under the center to help support it.

Otherwise, I would not worry about it.

/ Back Hoe Removal #3  
When parked like this, only downside is that the steel shafts on the outrigger pistons are exposed to the weather. I haven't yet had any problems with that, but I'm thinking of setting it down on the ground with the outriggers withdrawn next time I park it.

It does, however, make it somewhat easier to hook up, since it's already at the right height-- at least in theory!:laughing:

Attachments

• BH rest 2010-1.JPG
    BH rest 2010-1.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 192
   / Back Hoe Removal #4  
When parked like this, only downside is that the steel shafts on the outrigger pistons are exposed to the weather.

Not if you leave it inside a building. :D

/ Back Hoe Removal #5  
Show-off!:D

But yes, Ray, I wish I had enough room in the garage.... too many cycles!!:laughing:

I am gaining, though. Finally got ceiling heater installed, piped, & tested- I now have HEAT! Also have been pecking away at covering the walls with plywood (OSB board). With a lot of white paint around, it's beginning to look pretty good!

Attachments

• finished! -2.JPG
    finished! -2.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC03006.JPG
    DSC03006.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC03019.JPG
    DSC03019.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 139
   / Back Hoe Removal #6  
Show-off!:D

But yes, Ray, I wish I had enough room in the garage.... too many cycles!!:laughing:

I am gaining, though. Finally got ceiling heater installed, piped, & tested- I now have HEAT! Also have been pecking away at covering the walls with plywood (OSB board). With a lot of white paint around, it's beginning to look pretty good!

Don't feel bad, I have been building what is know by my friends as the garage mahal, and I still run out of room. :thumbsup:

/ Back Hoe Removal
Ok, Thanks guys. I like the 6x6 post idea. I'll cut a hunk to length and use it to take the load of the stabilizers. I have a dolly I made that I use when I store it for a long period of time, like over the winter.

Nice having heat in the garage.:thumbsup: I wish I could but from the floor to the peak of my garage ceiling is a good 25'. (The shell was set up to make a room with a cathedral ceiling above the garage, but the floor joists were never installed.) Radiant floor would be the only viable option but it's a little late for that now...:laughing:

/ Back Hoe Removal #8  
Nice having heat in the garage.:thumbsup: I wish I could but from the floor to the peak of my garage ceiling is a good 25'. (The shell was set up to make a room with a cathedral ceiling above the garage, but the floor joists were never installed.) Radiant floor would be the only viable option but it's a little late for that now...:laughing:

What? You have the ideal set up for a radiant tube heater.

I'd hang it at about 15' above the floor. And you will get very economical gas bills.

/ Back Hoe Removal #9  
tsteahr, do you have pics of dolly you made for back hoe? I am getting ready to build one for my gc2410. Any others who built one also thanks Ray.

/ Back Hoe Removal
tsteahr, do you have pics of dolly you made for back hoe? I am getting ready to build one for my gc2410. Any others who built one also thanks Ray.

I don't have a pic at the moment, but I'll post one the next time I put the BH on the dolly. The dolly is nothing fancy. Just some casters from Harbor Freight, some 2x6 to form a rectangle and carriage bolts at the corners. It's not as nice as the BXpanded one for the Kubotas but it got the job done. I have been trying to help Harry (BXpanded) to put one together for the Massey GC. He has promised me one. I'll post some pics when that one finally comes together.