Back Hoe Removal

/ Back Hoe Removal #11  
I have also talked to Harry at bxpanded.com, sent him some pics and specs of my gc2410tlb back hoe, nice to hear other gc owners are asking him to build one . Hopefully he will do it.

/ Back Hoe Removal #12  
The first Production GC BH Dolly was sent out last week for an independant evaluation. I hope we'll have the results in a few days and know if we are "Good to Go!"

Thanks guys,
Harry
BXpanded

/ Back Hoe Removal #13  
Great news Harry, put me down for one. I have been waiting for one for awhile. thanks Ray in Seattle.

/ Back Hoe Removal #14  
I left my BH without support and it lowered itself onto the ground and what a pain it was to get it up and into position. The hoses are not long enough to reach when the BH is on the ground. I have a wooden box that I rest it on and it is at least close enough to hook up the hoses.

/ Back Hoe Removal #15  
The hoses are not long enough to reach when the BH is on the ground.

Some people have made short extension hoses for this purpose.

There is not enough room to leave them in the circuit all the time, but they sure are handy when you need to reach out to connect. :thumbsup:

/ Back Hoe Removal #16  
For me, i put the stabilizer arms up. I am not sure keep consistant pressure on the cylinders is the best idea. It could be weeks or months before you use it again.

Shane

/ Back Hoe Removal #17  
For me, i put the stabilizer arms up. I am not sure keep consistant pressure on the cylinders is the best idea. It could be weeks or months before you use it again.

Shane

For long term storage you are better off with the cylinders retracted, and the pressure off of them.

Even when up, there is pressure on the stabilizers. A bungee chord between them, reduces the effect of gravity substantially.

The weight of the hoe, divided between both cylinders, is going to produce a fraction of the pressure they were designed for. And, If you put blocks under the center when you take it off, you only need enough weight on the stabilizers to keep it from tipping.

I bought a TLB, and have decided to be very stubborn about using it for anything else.

I am glad I almost never take my backhoe off. :D