Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Backblade vs Landscape Rake For Snow Removal

/ Backblade vs Landscape Rake For Snow Removal #12  
I had been raking leaves a couple weeks before,,,
I was too lazy to switch to the blade,,,:laughing:
I get it... I'm always thinking of ways how not to swap out implements. :D

/ Backblade vs Landscape Rake For Snow Removal #13  
What do you do when the snow being pulled by the rake builds up and reaches your back tires? You can angle a blade and the snow slide off to the side of your road. Because of the spaces between the tines, the snow just hangs up. I have both a rear blade and landscape rake and I've used the rake for snow once just because it was already attached. Never again.

/ Backblade vs Landscape Rake For Snow Removal
I'm in your camp. After using the blade I would be hard pressed to go back and use my rake again for snow removal.

/ Backblade vs Landscape Rake For Snow Removal #15  
I'm in your camp. After using the blade I would be hard pressed to go back and use my rake again for snow removal.
Of course, but you do what you can do. I still love the pic.

/ Backblade vs Landscape Rake For Snow Removal #16  
Hello, my Kubota dealer advised me not to push the blade in reverse as it adds additional stress to the 3pt arms and could possibly cause them to bend should I hit a unforeseen obstruction. It sounds like good advise to me. Best, Clay

Yes, you do need to be cautious but... rear mounted snow blowers are very common and they can take a lot of force to push through the snow and you can easily hit something with them as well.

/ Backblade vs Landscape Rake For Snow Removal #17