Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #11  
Have you looked at getting a 8' double disc? Spring tooth harrow? Chisel plow? Those can all be found used for not too much money.

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #12  
If it is just a garden that has been tilled before and no hard duty planned, just get cheapo 6' tiller from TSC or Northern Tool

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #13  
CCM will truck ship it to you $$$ or to your local shipping company and you can pick it up there...it is cheaper.
I am gonna get one of their 45" MD models when I get the $$$ and I can get it for 1300 if I pick it up from the shipping company. I can't get anything like that locally for that money.

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker
thunderworks said:
CCM just shipped an MR190 (72") to me in Kansas. I tilled 8 acres for a prairie grass restoration as well as garden space with it in the last two weeks. The 8 acres was already plowed and disced. The garden is new and was breaking sod . . . works well.

wushaw said:
CCM will truck ship it to you $$$ or to your local shipping company and you can pick it up there...it is cheaper.
I am gonna get one of their 45" MD models when I get the $$$ and I can get it for 1300 if I pick it up from the shipping company. I can't get anything like that locally for that money.

You know, CCM is starting to sound really good! I could go ahead and order a hydraulic toplink while I'm at it!! That's something I've been really wanting too.

RobJ said:
Just mount the old tiller to your 3pt!!! Beat that sucker for a while!!

PBinWA said:
Better yet, use that fancy grapple and just lock the tiller to on, grab it with the grapple and use the tractor to push it around!

LOL.:D That's an idea. I could, however, just grab it with the grapple and beat the crap out of it on the ground!

53gravely said:
You want to truly get the s#$% kicked out of you try an old Gravely with a "rotary Plow" on the front.

I have a video of me geting tossed around trying to break sod with it. I wish I knew how to post it here.

My dad used to have me plow the garden with it when I was 12 and about 75 pounds. Twice I hit rocks and the handlebars kicked up and broke ribs.

That's something I'd like to see.

N80 said:
If it is just a garden that has been tilled before and no hard duty planned, just get cheapo 6' tiller from TSC or Northern Tool

That's a good consideration too! If I could get one that's offset I may consider that.

john bud said:
Have you looked at getting a 8' double disc? Spring tooth harrow? Chisel plow? Those can all be found used for not too much money.

Oh yeah, I've considered it. I would LOVE to get a 3-bottom plow and a 7 or 8 foot disc for other purposes. But, you see, my father-in-law is the keeper of the garden. And he wants me to get a tiller. So, gotta make the inlaws happy!!;)

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #15  
Last summer I managed to pick up a used Landpride 48" tiller for $400 (needs new tines so +$150 when I get around to buying them) I was tilling the existing garden and breaking new area for expansion this past weekend. I gotta say that was probably the best $400 I have spent in a long, long time. Dunno what I am going to do with my walk-behind tiller now ;)

Charles

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #16  
53Graveley, our rich neighbors had one of those, we envied them!

We had a 1.5 hp sears garden tractor with a plow and a disc!! it was hard to tell which was working harder, the tractor or the pusher/operator.

We always envied the gravley, but he did have trouble starting it.

Mike

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #17  
Glowplug said:
. . .I don't care what you call it. But a push type rototiller is a pain in the *****. It probably doesn't help too much that mine has a slightly bent shaft. I was out trying to till our vegetable garden yesterday evening. Probably got a couple thousand square feet done. It almost killed me!! The tiller is probably about 30" wide. I DEFINATELY want to get a 3ph rototiller now! I just wish they weren't so darned expensive. I really would like to get something about 7' wide to cover the rears. The big names like Kuhn and Howard are like $7,000 minimum. I've looked at some of the "grey market" tillers, but even they are about $3,000 is that size. It's virtually impossible to find used rototillers. I wish I had a neighbor that owned a dependable 7' PTO-driven rototiller.

I guess I don't really have a question. Just whining a little.

Ive got an 8 HP..rear tine model here you can use with one hand....I just want to have to walk anymore...:D

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker
As luck would have it my secretary told me yesterday that her grandfather has just put his tiller up for sale. It is 80 or 84 inches, 3 years old, barn-kept, and has tilled only a total of 5 acres!! She didn't know what the brand was. But I can tell you now I am going to be out there tomorrow checking that out!

/ Backbreaker, Mankiller, Widow-maker #19  
Glowplug said:
and has tilled only a total of 5 acres!!

Yes, but how many times has it tilled that five acres!?!;)

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

(3) Job Boxes - 5' Wide x 4' High x 30" Deep (A33349)
(3) Job Boxes - 5'...
Unused Swict 66in Loader Bucket, (A33079)
Unused Swict 66in...
EVINRUDE 50 BOAT MOTOR (A34011)
EVINRUDE 50 BOAT...
Volvo White Water Truck (A33548)
Volvo White Water...
2006 Cummins QSB 6.7L Diesel Engine (A33079)
2006 Cummins QSB...
(10) Unused Multi-Wall Clear Polycarbonate Panes. (A33079)
(10) Unused...