Backhoe Backhoe boom lock pin

/ Backhoe boom lock pin #31  
If I raise the boom fast it is like it goes up plenty far but the play in the boom allows it to drop back down. I thought maybe it was a bushing that had broken at the end of the cylinder but that is not the case. The cylinder pulls all the way in. Not sure where the play is but like I said I can manually lift it to put the pin in. In fact it will lift beyond where it needs to go when lifting it by hand. It worked fine. One day I went out and raised it to remove the pin and it would not come out. I lifted it and my wife pulled the pin out.

/ Backhoe boom lock pin #32  
Understood. However, if I were you I would focus on finding a fix with the hydraulics rather than cutting or filing the boom pin hole. If it lined up properly at one point then the pin hole is not the problem.

/ Backhoe boom lock pin
OK, now I'm a little confused. I went out to clear snow today and when I finished I was putting the tractor away. Before I swung the boom to the right I figured I'd try to install the pin again to see how much it is off. I was able to insert it almost the whole way, only about an inch shy. Where before it wouldn't go in more than an inch, and yes I had tried it from both sides with the same results previously. So this time I put the pin in and with one hand lifted the bucket and wiggled it a little and bingo the pin went in. I still plan on calling the dealer just to see what they have to say. Looks like I'm set for now...... until I take it out and try it again.

Thanks for the input everybody. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif