backhoe bucket

/ backhoe bucket #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I seen teeth in the tractor store that were a lot thiner and would not go on my shanks. I guess they may have thin teeth with a wider shank, I dont know?

Here is a picture of the bottom of my bucket. It looks the same as yours.

)</font>
The teeth look a lot like mine but don't know if they are exactly like mine. They call mine a series 23 which is common to quite a few different bucket mfg's. I would be surprised if your local John Deere dealer didn't know exactly what they are and able to supply you with what is required. If it was me I would take the tooth and pin with me to John Deere with me and if nothing else get a couple of spare pins. The cost of the pins is small but they have a habit of disappearing at the worst time, then you have to shut down and get a replacement or risk ruining the shank. The other thing to do if the shank is not a standard size[which is hard to believe] is to buy a shank from John Deere along with the teeth required. I would be surprised if a shank and tooth would cost more than $25.00. I would think that being a worst case situation it is still a lot cheaper than a bucket. There is a guy on ebay who sells them for a reasonable price if you wanted to go that route. Here is a link for a example of one of the teeth I was talking about
teeth

/ backhoe bucket #12  
Here is the best pic I have of my teeth without going out for another pic. Which I can do if you like,just ask.

Attachments

• 548059-tn_DCP00528(3).jpg
    548059-tn_DCP00528(3).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 227
   / backhoe bucket
nobull1
You are right, they look a lot alike. Are your shanks welded on or bolted on? I dont even know if I can get the pins out of mine, the teeth are so close together. I can buy teeth at the New Holland dealer for $2.50 each but they are a lot smaller. They look to be about 1 to 1 and 1/4 inch wide and maybe 1/4 inch thick. I know they would dig in, they are very sharp. I will leave it like it is before I buy a bucket. Mine works great but the fellow told me it would do a lot better with smaller teeth. He owns a big trackhoe, I guess he would know. Mine looks about the same as Henro's bucket, teeth and all.
Sherpa

/ backhoe bucket
nobull1
That guy on ebay is proud of that tiger tooth aint he $159.00!!
Sherpa

/ backhoe bucket #15  
You do realize it's for 30 teeth /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. My shanks are welded on the same as yours. If you take a pin punch the same or slightly smaller than the retainer pin and give it a couple of taps I'm sure they will come out. I still think your local John Deere dealer when he see's the pin and tooth will be able to give you what you need. I think in your case the tiger tooth would be a good tooth for a machine that size. Unless you do a lot of digging and/or are in a lot a rock the tiger tooth will probably last at least a season. The cost of replacing all the teeth once a year or so is probably less than $30.00 on your machine. This way you get maximum penetration and will seem like a new machine.

/ backhoe bucket
Oh, I thought it was for one tooth. There is a Deere dealer not to far from here but its all forest roads to get there. I will take a tooth out first, the pins look like they want to stay in but I will work on it.
Sherpa

/ backhoe bucket #17  
Here is a pic of what I believe the pins look like. That is rubber in the middle of the pin so it compresses when driven in. A couple of hits and a pair of visegrips or side cutters should be able to get them out.
pin

/ backhoe bucket
nobull1
The pins look like the pins on the old ford disk brake caliper.
Can you use the pins over and over if you dont knock/tear the rubber out? I suppose you have to hit down on the pin part with the lip on it to get that to pass through the teeth and shank? I did not know they had rubber in them, thats why mine looked like they dont want to come out. I got to get one out of there now just to know what it looks like!
Sherpa

/ backhoe bucket #19  
You can use the pins over but for what their worth I would install new and use the old for spares. The more you use them the weaker they become. And you just know if it's going to come out it will be when you are in a pile of sloppy mud and the tooth will be at the bottom of the pile. I try to stay away from Murphy he's always ready to jump on me when I'm trying to be cheap /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif