Backhoe Backhoe cylinder problem? (w/ video)

/ Backhoe cylinder problem? (w/ video)
Update: I performed the "aggressive" air purge maneuver as such:
-- engine RPM at PTO speed around 500
-- pushed dipperstick lever forward and held for 1 minute
-- pulled dipperstick lever back and held for 1 minute
-- did same for other two cylinders, but only about 40 seconds each
-- repeated for dipperstick cylinder for about 40 seconds

I redid my "curl on the stump" test and had the same results.

I guess the next step for me will be to have my dealer watch the YouTube video and see if he'll take it into the shop. Getting a pressure gauge and doing more research would help, but I don't think that is something I should have to do on a 3 month old tractor. The dealer should step up and do the "leg work".

I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks again for all the help. I would be much less informed without TBN.

-Jeff

/ Backhoe cylinder problem? (w/ video) #13  
One thing I would try is to carefully crack the fitting loose on the bottom of the cylinder when you have the pressure on with the bucket curl and see if any air come's out.

It does look like there is air in cylinder the way it springs back when it bucket come's off the stump.

I would hook the bucket on the stump and and pull back on the dipper stick and it should drag the tractor back toward the stump even with the out riggers down.

3rd if they have one like at the shop try it there.
If it works tell them you want them to swap the 2 between the machines.
you get the good one.

tom

/ Backhoe cylinder problem? (w/ video) #14  
do you have a wall or something you could lower the boom down and cycle the crowd then.... That way air would move towards the return hose

/ Backhoe cylinder problem? (w/ video) #15  
Make sure your quick disconnects between the hoe and tractor are fully seated, especially the return line.

Another minor update: the dealer picked up the tractor yesterday. Says he will put some gauges on it, measure some pressures, and then consult with Kubota on what they think.

Looking forward to getting this thing fixed once and for all!

-Jeff

It's fixed now. The dealer picked up the tractor Tuesday afternoon and returned it Thursday evening.

So what was the problem? Well, last time they had it in the shop they replaced a control valve (or part of it). The guy put something in backwards so the check valve was facing the wrong way. That's all the details I could get out of the guy who delivered it.

I tried curling the bucket against the same stump and it's much, much better and will even pull the tractor backwards instead of compressing the cylinder.

So glad to have this finally done.

-Jeff

/ Backhoe cylinder problem? (w/ video) #18  
Well, good that it's fixed. Bad that the dealer shop was the cause of the problem and gave you such a hard time about it.

/ Backhoe cylinder problem? (w/ video) #19  
I had a Kabota once and I told myself never again. It was not the machine itself but, the **** dealers attitude. Also they charge for everything transporting, return and repairs the warranty was none exciting. Good luck with dealing with them.

The dealer is trying to make it right... they just sold me the mechanical thumb for their cost.

-Jeff