Backhoe for CK30

/ Backhoe for CK30 #21  
For comparison, I just had a KB2485 installed for $7500 + tax. This is on my DK40se with cab.

View attachment 208412

Backhoe looks good Dave.

I have always pushed the sale of the KB2475. The earlier models had some valve issues, but since upgrading that, and changing the model number to the 2475, we have had no issues at all with them. 5 minutes max to remove and install. No removal of the 3-point hitch arms. Very simple setup. I do not have anything bad to say about the other brands out there.

As far as a thumb goes, Wallenstein makes a clamp on thumb that has atleast 5 positions and folds out of the way as well. It can also be removed with 4 bolts completely. They are reasonably priced in Canada as well.

/ Backhoe for CK30 #22  
I don't know why more folks don't store their backhoes on furniture dollies. If you are fortunate enough to have a concrete floor beneath your stored subframe backhoe it might be a good consideration.

It makes reattachment a breeze. Instead of trial and error back up approaches to re attach I am able to just roll the works beneath the tractor right in the appropriate location for repinning. It is also nice to be able to roll backhoe around in order to be able to access other stored items.

Maybe it won't work for everybody but it's a good thing for me. (Kioti KB2465)

rimshot

Attachments

• backhoe storage4 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage4 (Medium).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 467
  • backhoe storage2 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage2 (Medium).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 597
  • backhoe storage3 (Medium).jpg
    backhoe storage3 (Medium).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 502
   / Backhoe for CK30 #23  
Rimshot, I admire your ingenuity and am flat out jealous of your concrete pad. I keep my BH covered outside but despite blocking it I invariably spend 15-20 minutes jiggering to get things lined up. The Kioti BH would be easier than my Woods to line up so I would really benefit even more.

/ Backhoe for CK30 #24  
Thanks Island,

Some have told me they chain up the outriggers to keep them from drooping flat like my outriggers did in the photo. You will note mine have drooped down over the long Winter causing the backhoe to sprawl out taking up excess real estate. You will also notice the point of bearing is directly below the outrigger hinge pin. Sometimes I need to slip a block or two beneath the backhoe pad which transfers down force back to the pad where it is intended to be

To me, one of the most difficult things about remounting the backhoe is the fact that the backing of the tractor has to be perfectly parallel to the frame. With the furniture dollies those wheels bring the mountain to Muhammed. During the Summer months the dollies host my snowblower.

rimshot

/ Backhoe for CK30 #25  
Well, after much waiting (too much) and squirreling away pennies I took delivery of my new Woods BH80x tonight....attached to my CK30 of course. I also received a 72" Kioti landscape rake and box blade. Don't know who makes these for Kioti, but they seem really well made. Can't wait to put 'em to work. I'm off this weekend, but that just means I'm working for me......will try to post some action pix tomorrow.

I wanted the BH80 all along, but would have saved some coin on the Kioti hoe if it would've played well with my Woods FEL subframe. Alas, no. But overall I'm happy with the Woods w/thumb. Can't wait to play tomorrow......

/ Backhoe for CK30 #26  
Rimshot, I admire your ingenuity and am flat out jealous of your concrete pad. I keep my BH covered outside but despite blocking it I invariably spend 15-20 minutes jiggering to get things lined up. The Kioti BH would be easier than my Woods to line up so I would really benefit even more.

I solved the winter droop problem this year, I bought four foot hydraulic hose extensions. That way I can hook up the back hoe hydraulics before backing over the under mount. Since my bucket invariable leaked down so that the under mount was sticking up a foot or two, this allows me to use the out riggers and bucket to position the back hoe level and ready for attachment.
Still a lot of "flub dubben" around for one man hook up, but a lot better than trying to level it with the farm jack or pry bar.

/ Backhoe for CK30 #27  
The Woods mount doesn't have the long tongue that the Kioti subframe has so I can just back up and connect. If you approached from the side, would the standard hoses on the Kioti reach?

I would imagine if the Kioti main boom was secured (my Woods has a pin but I forget the setup on the Kioti) then just blocking the bucket and chaining the dipper to the subframe or main boom would prevent the excessive bleed down that causes the subframe tongue to rise over months. The stabilizers can also be chained to each other to prevent bleed down too.

/ Backhoe for CK30 #28  
Thanks Island,

Some have told me they chain up the outriggers to keep them from drooping flat like my outriggers did in the photo. You will note mine have drooped down over the long Winter causing the backhoe to sprawl out taking up excess real estate. You will also notice the point of bearing is directly below the outrigger hinge pin. Sometimes I need to slip a block or two beneath the backhoe pad which transfers down force back to the pad where it is intended to be

To me, one of the most difficult things about remounting the backhoe is the fact that the backing of the tractor has to be perfectly parallel to the frame. With the furniture dollies those wheels bring the mountain to Muhammed. During the Summer months the dollies host my snowblower.

rimshot
Hello rimshot,
I am in total agreement with you about being able to on concrete, wig-wag align the BH to the tractor via the dolly and yes, I also chain up the outriggers when not in use.
My backhoe is a Woods BH90-X w/hydraulic thumb mounted on a NH TC40S. Could be any color-just adding dolly and chain information.

Attachments

• BHDOLLY9.JPG
    BHDOLLY9.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 465
   / Backhoe for CK30 #29  
Very nice setup Nickleplate. I'd do that with my 90x but my storage is outdoors on uneven ground.

/ Backhoe for CK30 #30  
Hello rimshot,
I am in total agreement with you about being able to on concrete, wig-wag align the BH to the tractor via the dolly and yes, I also chain up the outriggers when not in use.
My backhoe is a Woods BH90-X w/hydraulic thumb mounted on a NH TC40S. Could be any color-just adding dolly and chain information.

==========
Very nice accommodations for the backhoe, Nickelplate. With those turnbuckles you have the system perfected.

But something else has caught my eye. What are those outrigger pads/plates made of? They appear to be something other than steel and anything larger than stock pads of steel may well represent an improvement.

rimshot