Backhoe for CK30

/ Backhoe for CK30 #31  
I would imagine if the Kioti main boom was secured (my Woods has a pin but I forget the setup on the Kioti) then just blocking the bucket and chaining the dipper to the subframe or main boom would prevent the excessive bleed down that causes the subframe tongue to rise over months. The stabilizers can also be chained to each other to prevent bleed down too.
I just throw a couple blocks of wood under the main swing section of my backhoe for storage.
When the backhoe relaxes it sets down on the wood blocks. This holds the the backhoe up and the front of the subframe stays on the ground.
Hard to see the blocking in this picture, but its simple and it works.

Attachments

• HPIM0412.JPG
    HPIM0412.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 514
   / Backhoe for CK30 #32  
That is what I do too. However things still shift enough that I spend quite a bit of time tweaking it back into position each Spring.

/ Backhoe for CK30 #33  
==========
Very nice accommodations for the backhoe, Nickelplate. With those turnbuckles you have the system perfected.

But something else has caught my eye. What are those outrigger pads/plates made of? They appear to be something other than steel and anything larger than stock pads of steel may well represent an improvement.

rimshot

Four turnbuckels total-two in front and two in back.
I had to put a water pipe through an asphalt driveway so to keep the cleated outrigger foot damage to a minimum, I carved out wood pads to fit within the feet and clear the cleats. Woods offers optional rubber pads for the same purpose but I had some scrap 2x6 laying around.

Attachments

• P1210459.JPG
    P1210459.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 279
  • P1210461.JPG
    P1210461.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 293
   / Backhoe for CK30 #34  
I carved out wood pads to fit within the feet and clear the cleats. Woods offers optional rubber pads for the same purpose but I had some scrap 2x6 laying around (Nickleplate)

========

Innovative indeed. I asked my dealer and he sheared up a couple of flat steel plate stock 3/8" thick for plates. I had him make them up w/o any cleats and the standard pad on the KB2465 has no cleats either so they bolted right up.

They do no damage to blacktop either but the wood is more suited if the blacktop is hot. I have not had to try that with my pads just yet. Even though they only exceed the original pad size by ht. & width by a couple of inches, they make for a world of difference.

rimshot

Last edited:
   / Backhoe for CK30
Thanks for the feed back everyone:thumbsup: Think i will buy the kioti hoe, woundering if the KB2485 will fit on my tractor, or it will simply stress too much my tractor. The weight of the KB2475 and KB2485 is almost the same, but i don't want to break my tractor:confused:

/ Backhoe for CK30 #36  
Thanks for the feed back everyone:thumbsup: Think i will buy the kioti hoe, woundering if the KB2485 will fit on my tractor, or it will simply stress too much my tractor. The weight of the KB2475 and KB2485 is almost the same, but i don't want to break my tractor:confused:

Close call. I think Kioti recommends the KB2475 which is a nice unit. However, I'd put a Woods BH80x on a CK30 without worrying so the 2485 is not such an extreme push. The CK is a hefty tractor so I'd think it would handle it. Question is why would you want that much more BH? If it is to do the extreme things that the 2485 would do but the very capable 2475 will not then perhaps you would be pushing the tractor too hard. If it is just for the increased reach I'd think it would be OK.

/ Backhoe for CK30
The only reason i would buy a Kioti hoe is that in my case, parts/service will be easier to come by, have to buy something the dealer has on a regular basis. The KB2485 digs 5in deeper, 11in more reach and about 900lbs more bucket breakout force, than the KB2475. I also might upgrade my CK30 for a DK35SE later. I do work my tractor very hard, kinda take it for a tank sometimes, thats why i bought a Kioti, nearly bullet proof.

/ Backhoe for CK30 #38  
My KB2375 on a CK30hst can drag the tractor around while digging if you want it to. So other than reach and depth, it might be overkill but if you plan on a DK35 later, I'd get the 2485. Someone here has tied the front of their tractor to another vehicle or a tree to get the full benefit from the bh.

/ Backhoe for CK30 #39  
Good luck with your hoe acquisition KK. The newer style Kioti hoes are very nice, would have went that way myself if it would fit. A few extra hoops to jump through utilizing a newer Kioti dealer, that does not carry Woods implements and a few extra $ but it was my only route. Short of buying a new tractor.........which the dealer did throw me a heck of an offer on a new CK30 TLB. In the end, I decided to keep my 06 CK as the only thing I'd gain is warranty and I've got mine setup the way I like it. Not worried about the warranty stuff. The only way I'd trade in my CK is if I was upgrading to a larger unit in the DK series.

Here's my new toy. Sorry no action shots. Took delivery last weekend and put it to work on the farm property I'm in the process of reclaiming. Dug out an old septic system, removed a few problems stumps and touched up two drainage ditches. And that was day one. I hated to take the thing off, but had to play with my new Kioti BB.

On the 2475 v 85 decision; I think you'll be fine with the 85 as long as your just taking advantage of the extra reach.

Attachments

• DSC03366.jpg
    DSC03366.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
   / Backhoe for CK30 #40  
Good luck with your hoe acquisition KK. The newer style Kioti hoes are very nice, would have went that way myself if it would fit. A few extra hoops to jump through utilizing a newer Kioti dealer, that does not carry Woods implements and a few extra $ but it was my only route. Short of buying a new tractor.........which the dealer did throw me a heck of an offer on a new CK30 TLB. In the end, I decided to keep my 06 CK as the only thing I'd gain is warranty and I've got mine setup the way I like it. Not worried about the warranty stuff. The only way I'd trade in my CK is if I was upgrading to a larger unit in the DK series.

Here's my new toy. Sorry no action shots. Took delivery last weekend and put it to work on the farm property I'm in the process of reclaiming. Dug out an old septic system, removed a few problems stumps and touched up two drainage ditches. And that was day one. I hated to take the thing off, but had to play with my new Kioti BB.

On the 2475 v 85 decision; I think you'll be fine with the 85 as long as your just taking advantage of the extra reach.

Unless you are driving on a road I would suggest taking off the triangular slow sign on the back of the backhoe. If you do any work near trees/branches it just may bend. Don't ask me why I would know that. :) :D :)

Attachments

• May162010 026.jpg
    May162010 026.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 248
  • May162010 028.jpg
    May162010 028.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 359