Bad Boy ZTR mowers ?

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #12  
As a dealer, I suspect you'll get better terms and programs from a more established company. The mowing business is very volitle, you often end up having to carry over inventory. ZTR's are simple machines and easy to work on, no concern there. We've had good luck with Ferris. Iffy on Cub Cadet. Love Kubota... but who doesn't.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #13  
MessickFarmEqu said:
As a dealer, I suspect you'll get better terms and programs from a more established company. The mowing business is very volitle, you often end up having to carry over inventory. ZTR's are simple machines and easy to work on, no concern there. We've had good luck with Ferris. Iffy on Cub Cadet. Love Kubota... but who doesn't.
me! don't take it the wrong way, I do think Kubota makes a high quality product, I just don't like their ergonomics.

as far as the bad boy ztr's I've been shopping for a new ztr for my business, and they are on my short list with a jd 717, and dixie chopper, but I haven't had a chance to go look at the DC yet.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #14  
JiminGa said:
me! don't take it the wrong way, I do think Kubota makes a high quality product, I just don't like their ergonomics.

as far as the bad boy ztr's I've been shopping for a new ztr for my business, and they are on my short list with a jd 717, and dixie chopper, but I haven't had a chance to go look at the DC yet.

Since I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on mowers I had the benefit of not only experience on different brands/models, but also of having companies bring out units to let me demo them on my property. I've posted here before about ZTRs. I'm surprised to see Cub listed as being decent by someone. I'll just say that they were certainly at the very bottom of my list after close comparisons.

Anyway, I think you'll find that the Dixie Chopper will do everything the Bad Boy will do and do it better. Other than the cool logo and name, I honestly wasn't overly impressed with Bad Boy mowers. I can go into specifics if need be, but I don't think I need to now. As I've earlier stated, even with the suspension Ferris mowers, no mid mount mower rides as nice as front mount mowers nor do they have the versatility of front mount mowers. The only advantage I see for mid mount mowers (other than cheaper) is that you can get more of them on a trailer when operating a mowing service. Again, there are old posts here where I went to great lengths to try to get mid mount mowers to perform as well as front mounts, but it just wasn't happening.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #15  
Saw a Bad Boy at TSC the other day. It was not one of their top models. Had the Kohler Courage engine, Sunstrand pumps, and it was more of a unibody design. It was WAY heavier that the box store junk, but was also $5000.

Just watch that they don't start to expect YOU to be the warranty center for what TSC retails and if they do, I would insist on YOUR hourly labor rate and make sure the repair times they give you are fair.

This very thing has caused a lot of Husky dealers to throw in the towel.

Ken

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #16  
Dargo said:
Since I've spent tens of thousands of dollars on mowers I had the benefit of not only experience on different brands/models, but also of having companies bring out units to let me demo them on my property. I've posted here before about ZTRs. I'm surprised to see Cub listed as being decent by someone. I'll just say that they were certainly at the very bottom of my list after close comparisons.

Anyway, I think you'll find that the Dixie Chopper will do everything the Bad Boy will do and do it better. Other than the cool logo and name, I honestly wasn't overly impressed with Bad Boy mowers. I can go into specifics if need be, but I don't think I need to now. As I've earlier stated, even with the suspension Ferris mowers, no mid mount mower rides as nice as front mount mowers nor do they have the versatility of front mount mowers. The only advantage I see for mid mount mowers (other than cheaper) is that you can get more of them on a trailer when operating a mowing service. Again, there are old posts here where I went to great lengths to try to get mid mount mowers to perform as well as front mounts, but it just wasn't happening.
I wish I could justify the cost of a couple of front mounts, but as they say time is money and I don't have much time!

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #17  
Used commercial front mounts can be very inexpensive. The used market for them is not as good so they don't command a premium like some equipment. You can buy a 4x4 Deere or Kubota with reasonable hours for 5-6k and have dozens of choices. I have 5-6 right now.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ? #19  
mudcat said:
Just brought home the BAD BOY 60" ZT. AWESOME!

Congrats.

I bought a new SCAG Turf Tiger on Thursday myself.

/ Bad Boy ZTR mowers ?
I am learning a lot from all these posts.
We just finished participating at the Tulsa Home and Garden show where we had a nice spot with several Bad Boy mowers from our inventory. There are now several new Bad Boy owners in Oklahoma!!

This is one of the oldest premier Home and Garden shows in the country. Most lawn mower brands were represented there, and I am sure most garnered sales from this event. It also gave me a chance to get an upclose look at these other manufacturers products in one location. I can honestly say that I did not see any other machine there that I felt matched the Bad Boy--comparing spec for spec. and price. That is not to say that there are not some other good ones out there----I just did not see any that were quite as heavy built and priced with the Bad Boy machines.

dancce