Bad seat time...

/ Bad seat time... #31  
Sorry for your untimely loss. I don't understand people that are cruel to animals. I have two labs, one at the beginning of life(6mo) and one approching the end(14yr). Both bring me so much joy. I too shed a tear reading some of these posts and had go hug my buddies and thank the lord for them. I've had 4 legged family for most of my life and though it is very hard at the end to make certain decisions I would not hesitate to act for the quality of life is very important. When you can bring yourself to allow another pup into your life, do so with the same love you've had for all the others in the past. For they will love you right back.

/ Bad seat time... #32  
DFW
My eyes are wet just reading this. I don't think I could keep your composure if that happened to Pebbles.
Keep your old mate close in your heart.

/ Bad seat time... #33  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...Here in East Texas we have a big problem with stray dogs chasing livestock. )</font>

With all due respect Frank and others ... and language is important - the problem is NOT the DOGS. It is PEOPLE and their lack of responsibility in owning/caring/managing dogs.

The semantics are important. In this case, the emphasis should be clear so that the real issue can be brought to light.

This is not the first time we at TBN have heard of this horror. I wish I could say it would be the last, but that's folly too.

The pain and loss involved makes a lot of us angry and leaves us feeling helpless.

Remember this ... the DOGS aren't the problem. The GUNS aren't the problem, it's PEOPLE.

/ Bad seat time...
After reading all of your heartfelt responses and being able to see the keyboard and screen again, I want to thank all of you who took the time to post a response and to share with me and everyone else their heartbreaking experiences. I knew I wasn’t alone, but I guess as I get older (pushing 60) and life gets more precious, we want to hold our love ones closer and protect them even more. When I bought my tractor and found TBN I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would find such fantastic family of people so willing to help someone that they don’t know, share their feelings and experiences. I really appreciate all of the suggestions for moving on and have already put some of them into play. To be quite honest, plotting revenge was the only thing that kept me going in the early days of this horrible episode. But, I have moved on from there and can only hope that his retribution will come from a higher power. I too cannot understand how some people can do this to Gods creatures. BTW, I did call the Sheriff and the Highway Patrol, their response, “any eyewitnesses? Well no, but I’ve got his tire tracks and he was the only one going out at that time, sorry nothing we can do” click. Thank God I still have her sister, the SOB didn’t get her. And now whenever a Red truck goes by the house she goes berserk trying to get out, I suspect to kill the SOB as she was the only witness. But, after the truck is gone, she looks for her sister and whines and can’t understand, then my heart breaks all over again. My wife and I decided to get a companion for her and for us. So, we adopted a pup from the shelter and they seem to be bonding, forgot how rambunctious pups can be, I guess I’ll have to redo the wooden furniture again and keep filling in the holes in the yard. And yes, we are going to put up more fencing no matter the cost to keep them safe from cretins such as my “neighbor”. I guess I should define my neighborhood. I am one of 69 property owners in a 2,800 acre former ranch that was parceled up into 40+/- acre lots. Mine, unfortunately, has one of our association roads running through it. But, out of 69 property owners, some owners have multiple parcels, there are only 4 full time residents on my side, this SOB is only an occasional resident. I did fence my property when we first got our girls and that worked until my friend learned how to jump the fence, she was a smart one. But, with only three cars a day on average and they all know my dogs, I procrastinated on fencing improvements. After all I didn’t move all the way out her to keep my dogs penned up, I wanted them to have a certain amount of freedom. So, in essence I do share some of the blame for this tragedy, I could have done more. But that’s yesterday. I am going to put up a Stop sign up for that guy in the 18-wheeler today and get on my tractor and do something.

I don’t know if my words adequately conveyed my sincere thanks to you all for you outpouring of sympathy and support, so I’ll say it again, thank you and god bless you and your loved ones.

David

/ Bad seat time... #35  
all I can say is sorry for your loss... reading this brings back tears to my eyes for my similar situation, AND it makes my chest just tight with anger at the senslessness of the act. In fact, it infuriates the dickens outta me.

I hope (and it sounds like you are) you can channel your "negative vibes" about this in a positive way to make something better come out of it.

Every time I bottle up the local TVA land (again, with their permission), I say to myself "that's for you Daisy & Wiggles" and I feel a bit better knowing that they are sharing the moment with me.

dang eyes.......cant see now.
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Bad seat time... #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> Remember this ... the DOGS aren't the problem. The GUNS aren't the problem, it's PEOPLE. </font> )</font>

DAP, I'm sorry I didn't make myself or my feelings clear and I agree with you 100%. I didn't expand of what I said because it is one of my "hot buttons" and I didn't want to rant on this particular thread.

/ Bad seat time... #37  
Sorry for your loss, we have two four legged friends, a cat and a dog (seems owning an old farm is making that number grow). I sit here in tears knowing some day I will be faced with having to dig unwanted holes, and don't know if I will be able to. Again, sorry for your loss.