Baling hay with a Grand L5740?

/ Baling hay with a Grand L5740?
I think the MX5100 would handle it with no problem it is a surprisingly useful compact tractor. Where is Kasilof, AK? I am not familiar with it.

I'd sure like to check the MX5100 over a bit! Have to give the Kubota dealer a call and see what he's got on the lot and if he's got plans to have any more tractors on the lot this summer. Kasilof is about 175 miles south of Anchorage on the Kenai Peninsula. We're about 60 miles north of Homer, AK. where the TV show Deadliest Catch harbors the Time Bandit and a number of other crab boats.

AKfish

/ Baling hay with a Grand L5740? #22  
I lived in Fairbanks when I was stationed at Eilson 1971-73. I did some salmon fishing on the Kenai while I was there. We returned last summer for several weeks and did some bush flying. It is an awesome place although the winters in the interior are pretty rough. I think the MX5100 is a value tractor, a lot of power and functionality for the money. Hopefully, your dealer will have one with the tier 3 emissions system, the tier 4 raised the price significantly.

/ Baling hay with a Grand L5740?
I lived in Fairbanks when I was stationed at Eilson 1971-73. I did some salmon fishing on the Kenai while I was there. We returned last summer for several weeks and did some bush flying. It is an awesome place although the winters in the interior are pretty rough. I think the MX5100 is a value tractor, a lot of power and functionality for the money. Hopefully, your dealer will have one with the tier 3 emissions system, the tier 4 raised the price significantly.

I lived in "Bareflanks" from 1977-1980; although working for Fish and Game, I worked around the state during the summers. Couldn't adjust to the darkness and the low sun angle during the winter's up there... hated it! The cold was the least of the winter - the dark - was the worst! Moved to the Kenai Peninsula in 1981- year around.

The nearest Kubota dealer is in Anchorage - the only dealer in the state - for that matter. Small lot - small selection. Used to be 2 dealers; United Rentals in Anchorage and Soldotna and another dealer in Anchorage - ESI. Now, it's just ESI.

AKfish

/ Baling hay with a Grand L5740? #24  
Well, at least there is a dealer, but too bad there is no longer same brand competition. Everything is always higher in Alaska, but it is Alaska after all. Fairbanks has changed dramatically since I was there and actually for the better and it is much larger. I spent my second week in the area taking arctic survival training. Built a snow hut and stayed in it a couple of nights at -35, but was allowed to spend a -40 night in a communal hut which was marginally less cold, but it was like a sawmill going full tilt! There were 8 or 9 of us in it. Ah, memories. I don't miss Fairbanks, but the summers were spectacular, and the winters were, well they were sort of a cold H_ll. Good luck with your search and hopefully the dealer will have an MX. The 4700 is not bad, but for a little difference in cash the 5100 has more power and also Cat I/II extendable 3 point links and a few other goodies.