• No

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Who are we talking about?

Votes: 43 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Banning a member #521  
I am the same way, I do my best to tell the truth, I tell it how it is and I am not afraid to share my opinion regardless how unpopular it might be. although unpopular thought might get me in ''trouble'' it is easy to justify your statement by following these rules, I my perfect ? absolutely not. If I have a feeling my message is hash, impulsive or provocative I will write it and leave it there without hitting the reply button ... most of the time if I don't press post right away there is a reason and I don't. Later on I will read it and ether delete it or change my wording and round up the edge.

The vast majority of folks here are respectful and we self regulate ourself the vast majority of times, its a good place to have discussion we are far away from facebook.

Last edited:
   / Banning a member #522  
A lot of these people wouldn't talk like they do to someone's face like they do online because if they did they would get the chance to check out how good their dental insurance was because they would need some re-constructive surgery, I've always heard it said "if you want it somebody will give it to you".

Now days you could go to jail for assault, pay fines, have a record. No one is worth that.
I just avoid people like that just like I put people on ignore on this forum.
Life's too short to get mad

/ Banning a member #523  
To me the funniest part is that if you all met up in person and didn't know each other's names, I bet you would all get along.

I agree. I found that I can get along with the majority of men in temporary settings like coffee shops but having a close friend that you can trust implicitly and is almost impossible.
At 58 I've never had a close male friend. The two I thought were close ghosted me once they disagreed with a strongly held opinion.

/ Banning a member #524  
You mean like in a place where we could all express our personal beliefs? I thought that was the problem…
Not so much expressing, but getting in others' faces about it.
Agree that some people have trouble being diplomatic in person too. Unfortunately, some can't get past the "if you don't agree with me you're an idiot" mentality.

I don't know who this discussion is about, and really don't care.

Last edited:
   / Banning a member #525  
At 58 I've never had a close male friend. The two I thought were close ghosted me once they disagreed with a strongly held opinion.
I have one. Kind of an unlikely friendship since we don't have a lot in common lifestyle-wise. I've known him since grammar school...neighborhood kid, a couple years younger than me. We don't live anywhere near each other now, but still regularly keep in touch.

With 'most anyone I tread cautiously, or even steer clear when it comes to controversial subjects like religion, politics, child-rearing philosophy, etc. Not worth losing an otherwise good friendship over opinions where there are no right or wrong answers. Being respectful is the key.

/ Banning a member #526  
1708539860286.png

Herein lies the dilemma...

/ Banning a member #528  
I’m convinced that some people are only happy when they’re not.

/ Banning a member #529  
I have one. Kind of an unlikely friendship since we don't have a lot in common lifestyle-wise. I've known him since grammar school...neighborhood kid, a couple years younger than me. We don't live anywhere near each other now, but still regularly keep in touch.

With 'most anyone I tread cautiously, or even steer clear when it comes to controversial subjects like religion, politics, child-rearing philosophy, etc. Not worth losing an otherwise good friendship over opinions where there are no right or wrong answers. Being respectful is the key.
Problem is, that some people don't adhere to the "2 rules in life"!

There are only 2 rules in life:
1. Don't tell everyone everything you know.

/ Banning a member #530  
I’m convinced that some people are only happy when they’re not.
I’m convinced a small group of unhappy people are trying to destroy this once great nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.