• No

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Who are we talking about?

Votes: 43 56.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Banning a member #501  
To me the funniest part is that if you all met up in person and didn't know each other's names, I bet you would all get along.
Could be, unless one can quote random barely/unrelated Wikipedia or Google articles. :unsure:

/ Banning a member #502  
To me the funniest part is that if you all met up in person and didn't know each other's names, I bet you would all get along.
100% and there's a scientific base for that, in real life a heated arguments can have real repercussion. Most people in person will focus on what they have in common over what they disagree with because if you don't do that it will be the end of it, if you want to stay in the same room, one need to avoid these subjects or at least soften the edge while saying what you think. also a lots easier to communicate in person.

this is a perfect video illustrating the concept.

Last edited:
   / Banning a member #503  
100% and there's a scientific base for that, in real life a heated arguments can real repercussion. Most people in person will focus on what they have in common over what they disagree with because if you don't do that it will be the end of it, if you want to stay in the same room one need to avoid these subjects or at least soften the edge while saying what you think. also a lots easier to communicate in person.

this is a perfect video illustrating the concept.

My 2 male dogs are the opposite, no real arguments until they can get to each other then fur, blood and furniture starts flying sooner or later.
Has slowed down now that old guy can't keep up for long.

/ Banning a member #504  
My 2 male dogs are the opposite, no real arguments until they can get to each other then fur, blood and furniture starts flying sooner or later.
Has slowed down now that old guy can't keep up for long.
you got two stubborn fella

/ Banning a member #505  
you got two stubborn fella
Yup breed trademark... the girls can be just as bad but are better at submitting when beat and accept their place in the pack.
Great Pyrenees nice as they come until action is called for...then all hell can break loose.

/ Banning a member
You mean like in a place where we could all express our personal beliefs? I thought that was the problem…

/ Banning a member #510  
In part that might be but if you visit a coffee shop where regulars meet to discuss life you will notice what some individuals say "go's in one ear then out the other" of most around the table. IGNORE BUTTON. As for banning,moderating and such by establishment owner,it's rare but swift and final when it happens. As long as perticipants don't use vulgarity,profanity or disturbingly loud speech opinions can be freely expressed. One thing that doesn't change is overwhelming inability to constructively debate which IMO is the #1 cause of problems between people. An interesting and IMO educational exercise in debate is assigning each participant a side whether it's the one they would choose then awarding participants points for persuasion and/or persuasive technique.
You mean like in a place where we could all express our personal beliefs? I thought that was the problem…
I've witnessed the above coffee shop setting and the same people argue over the same things they have argued over for 10 years so maybe no one really cares what others personal beliefs are.

Status
Not open for further replies.