Bathroom remodel, idiots

/ Bathroom remodel, idiots
Just an update.

First bathroom done, very happy with the work. Still need to get a glass door installed shortly which will add to the cost.

However, what I find interesting is the box store did pick up the damaged vanity and counter top, then invoiced out for a new one which was just delivered.

I'm keeping a spreadsheet on costs with materials we picked up (I'm financing the remodel and want to keep a hard track of all money). What I found was that the box store screwed up and basically gave us a vanity for free due to their charge and rebill system. Needless to say, we told the box store about their mistake about issuing us too much credit (the credit and rebill were done before the replacement vanity was shipped). Manager was surprised we mentioned it LOL

Thing is, the box store still hasn't charged us for the second vanity and since informing them of their mistake. Am I in the wrong for not caring about if they don't want to fix their mistake (to our favor)? How far do you go to point out you owe someone money?

Last edited:
   / Bathroom remodel, idiots #12  
Just an update.

First bathroom done, very happy with the work. Still need to get a glass door installed shortly which will add to the cost.

However, what I find interesting is the box store did pick up the damaged vanity and counter top, then invoiced out for a new one which was just delivered.

I'm keeping a spreadsheet on costs with materials we picked up (I'm financing the remodel and want to keep a hard track of all money). What I found was that the box store screwed up and basically gave us a vanity for free due to their charge and rebill system. Needless to say, we told the box store about their mistake about issuing us too much credit (the credit and rebill were done before the replacement vanity was shipped). Manager was surprised we mentioned it LOL

Thing is, the box store still hasn't charged us for the second vanity and since informing them of their mistake. Am I in the wrong for not caring about if they don't want to fix their mistake (to our favor)? How far do you go to point out you owe someone money?
No. You've done your part. When we built our garage addition two years ago, I ordered trusses from big box store. Two end trusses and a bunch of center trusses. They only sent one end truss. Phone calls straightened it out. They took one of the centers and brought out an end. They credited us for the center truss they took back, and an end truss. I told them about it, and the manager said thanks and he'd take care of it. Nothing ever happened. I stopped feeling guilty about it several months later.

/ Bathroom remodel, idiots #13  
First we're girls, now we're idiots? I'm insulties!

No. You've done your part. When we built our garage addition two years ago, I ordered trusses from big box store. Two end trusses and a bunch of center trusses. They only sent one end truss. Phone calls straightened it out. They took one of the centers and brought out an end. They credited us for the center truss they took back, and an end truss. I told them about it, and the manager said thanks and he'd take care of it. Nothing ever happened. I stopped feeling guilty about it several months later.
That's exactly where I'm at with the guilt. Perhaps the guilt will subside over time on my end LOL

/ Bathroom remodel, idiots #15  
That's exactly where I'm at with the guilt. Perhaps the guilt will subside over time on my end LOL
Maybe the manager felt bad about delaying your project. I sometimes wonder if that's why they didn't charge me for the truss. It delayed us a couple weeks. I don't know... you wonder how it comes out in accounting at their store and if anyone is ever held accountable.

Maybe the manager felt bad about delaying your project. I sometimes wonder if that's why they didn't charge me for the truss. It delayed us a couple weeks. I don't know... you wonder how it comes out in accounting at their store and if anyone is ever held accountable.
Vanity in question was for the master bath, we just finished up the guest bath, no affect on the time frame. We will actually wait till December to start the master bath anyways.

Yes, I do wonder about their accounting procedures. Bigger numbers, but can't be much different than balancing out a cash register with cash, charge and check. That said, they invoiced out the vanity when they issued credit the same day, BEFORE the replacement vanity shipped. I would never charge for something that never shipped myself.

That said, my biggest fear is that they figure out a mistake is made and they make the issue bigger by screwing that up.

/ Bathroom remodel, idiots #17  
How far do you go to point out you owe someone money?
I was renting 3 gas bottles, mixed gas for steel, argon for aluminum and an oxygen. If you're a new customer it's $100 for three years for each, 4th year they came due for a yearly $100 each. My question was they'll give you a discount to get you as a customer and then no rewards for loyalty...neway.....
Part way thru the 4th year I get a letter, "Thank you for returning your Argon bottle, please keep this letter as your return receipt" which I hadn't. I called them up as I figured some poor sob will be charged for bottle replacement which was over $300 I think at the time and told them I hadn't returned it. Never got a yearly invoice for it since and that was over 4 years ago. I tried, not for the companies sake but for the poor person that would have to fight to say they returned a bottle.

/ Bathroom remodel, idiots #18  
I made the mistake of ordering a toilet through Amazon at my old house. the first one they sent was smashed up. The replacement was smashed up the third one they sent by regular truck instead of UPS :cool:

Guess they never thought about the fact the UPS truck has no way of getting a heavy package from the back to the ground without a bit of a drop/crash since they have no ramps or lift gates.