Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #11  
I wouldn't even use a battery maintainer unless you're not using the tractor for months and/or it's cold.

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #12  
I've never used a battery maintainer and generally get between 8 - 11 years from a battery.

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #13  
I keep a battery maintainer on the L4240 and a solar panel on the BX year round. I also keep maintainers on a couple of vehicles year round. I think they extend your battery life.

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #14  
Could have been just a bad battery.

Or, not all maintainers are the same... the quality, more expensive ones, are suppose to taper... some low buck one's don't.

My BX battery is 10 years old and I don't have it on a maintainer and so far so good... sometimes it will sit for weeks at a time in the shed.

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #15  
I just checked, all 4 of my battery maintainers aren't float type, they sink right to the bottom of the cement pond.....

:laughing:

Well I am glad to see a sense of humor is still alive and well in this country!:laughing:

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #16  
I keep a battery maintainer on the L4240 and a solar panel on the BX year round. I also keep maintainers on a couple of vehicles year round. I think they extend your battery life.
Once I see any proof that maintainers extend battery life I may start using one. But I don't foresee that happening .
I have read a lot of battery life post on these forums and never seen any indication that those using maintainers are getting longer life from their batteries.
I got 11 years out of my original tractor battery. 10 years out of my last truck battery, and 9 years out the original battery in our 03 Malibu.
My wifes 05 Subaru is still running the original battery
I rarely get less than 8 years from a battery. I often get 9 - 10 and as high as 11 years.
None of these batteries ever saw a maintainer

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #17  
The battery in my Grand L went bad after 14 months. Just out of warranty. It happens.

I keep my batteries on a maintainer now. Whether or not it makes a difference, time will tell.

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #18  
I do use maintainers on the Antique cars... some will sit 6 months at a time.

I don't leave them on indefinitely... but, it's nice to know I can plug one in and not have to worry about it for a day or two.

At the fire house... all the trucks are plugged in at the station...

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #19  
Once I see any proof that maintainers extend battery life I may start using one. But I don't foresee that happening .
I have read a lot of battery life post on these forums and never seen any indication that those using maintainers are getting longer life from their batteries.
I got 11 years out of my original tractor battery. 10 years out of my last truck battery, and 9 years out the original battery in our 03 Malibu.
My wifes 05 Subaru is still running the original battery
I rarely get less than 8 years from a battery. I often get 9 - 10 and as high as 11 years.
None of these batteries ever saw a maintainer

A battery sitting around will discharge. A good maintainer will keep the battery charged and desulfated. I can tell a difference in the way my vehicles start by keeping a maintainer on them. You are lucky if all of your batteries last that long. The average life of a car battery is 5 years. I have seen batteries last a long time, I just wonder how long they would have gone with a maintainer.

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #20  
Well I am glad to see a sense of humor is still alive and well in this country!:laughing:

I wonder if they will still work after I "fish" them outa the pond??
:confused3:
:D