Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #21  
This discussion is like telling the guy that drank a quart of whiskey daily and smoked 2 packs of cigarettes and lived to be 120 years old. No telling how old he would have lived to if he had lived a healthy lifestyle. Same with batteries, use a maintainer to extend battery life or use one for 10 years without one. Each person has his opinion and no one is going to change his mind if he is getting good results.

I do know that they will boil out all the water from a battery if left on indefinitely (BTDT) so if you do use them all the time, keep the electrolyte level checked. I had a Marine Deep Cycle battery and one of my lawnmower batteries go bad from constant use of a maintainer. It was a Schumacher brand which is supposed to be a quality brand.

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB
Hi all, beautiful Sunday here on the E. Coast. Thanks for the help! I'm still not comfortable with the fix being a replacement battery.
But you're right...bad batteries happen!

Why did I use the maintainer(Well known brand too) with the new tractor?

My only explanations is, I'm ****, thought it would help. I put the quick connect cables on the battery posts when I received the tractor. I've been plugging it in when I put it down.
The battery maintainers have been a great tool on my Cummins (2 batteries) PU, and, my daughters car while at college.

Ran fine, actually shut it down while working today--started great each time.

I'm going to measure the amps from the charging system and throw a load on the system by running all the lights.

I'll keep you posted....Woodskiff

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #23  
I am betting bad battery as well. I have them on a few classic cars....some have sat well past longer then they should have....actually selling a few of them because I just don't drive them anymore.

Started to get them running to sell, drain that liquid stuff that was once gas out of them and such. First one fired right up....they do work on cars and such that sit a long time.

/ Battery Failed......1 month & 35hrs with my new BX25DLB #24  
Check your ground(s) as well as (+) and make sure that they are clean. Even if they look clean, r&r. Resistance from a dirty connection will pass only enough amps to "click."

Batteries generally don't go flat in 2 days by themselves. And newer chargers have difficulty charging completely dead batteries unless they have enough voltage for the new electronics to sense the voltage and begin the charging cycle.

But having been there, check the ground cable and clamps first