Battery powered chainsaw

/ Battery powered chainsaw #841  
I use my Kombi with up to 2 extensions, when I want a powered pole saw. Works great, although I think they technically only "approve" use of one extension. Unfortunately, in a quick Google search, I'm not finding any spec listed for max reach on the thing. I'd guess something like 18 feet max, which is very useful for a lot of the stuff you'd want to trim, but still doesn't keep me entirely out of using the old manual pole saw.
Which extension types are you using?

/ Battery powered chainsaw #843  
I started with one aluminum and one carbon fiber, but now I just use two carbon fiber.
I got both types. I started with the heavy version but later got the lighter one. Of course should have got the lite ones in the 1st place.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #844  
I got both types. I started with the heavy version but later got the lighter one. Of course should have got the lite ones in the 1st place.
Yeah. The carbon fiber won't take a beating like the aluminum, but it's perfect for personal use, if you take care of it, and it's much lighter.

The only PITA is that I can't just set the rig across my bucket while driving the tractor across the lawn, as the carbon fiber tube will chafe too quick and easy on the bucket edge. Each move means either disassembling it to set it fully within the bucket, or hand-carrying it in a separate trip from moving the tractor.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #845  
Yeah. The carbon fiber won't take a beating like the aluminum, but it's perfect for personal use, if you take care of it, and it's much lighter.

The only PITA is that I can't just set the rig across my bucket while driving the tractor across the lawn, as the carbon fiber tube will chafe too quick and easy on the bucket edge. Each move means either disassembling it to set it fully within the bucket, or hand-carrying it in a separate trip from moving the tractor.
I put it back in its tube while moving in the 6x6.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #846  
You have issues with getting the square tenon on the driveshaft to drop into the corresponding socket, during reassembly? Each of my Kombi shafts and implements have suffered this fate, after the first several uses, some worse than others.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #847  
Yesterday I decided to use my Greenworks 60v 20 inch bar on my Alaskan chainsaw mill. I had a 9 inch 9 foot long walnut log that fell down last fall. I used the chain that came with the saw and the 8ah battery. It cut pretty good and saw never slowed down even when forcing it a bit. I stopped briefly several times cutting to reposition wedges other than that I did the whole length of the log and the battery was down to 1 bar when I finished. I don't think it would be too far behind my Husky 395xp with a ripping chain on it. Battery life is probably the biggest negative, power seemed really good. Overall pleased with the saw so far only have maybe 10 hours using it.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #848  
Wow didnt see anyone trying to mill with one. Thanks for info.

/ Battery powered chainsaw #849  
You have issues with getting the square tenon on the driveshaft to drop into the corresponding socket, during reassembly? Each of my Kombi shafts and implements have suffered this fate, after the first several uses, some worse than others.
no

/ Battery powered chainsaw #850  
Yesterday I decided to use my Greenworks 60v 20 inch bar on my Alaskan chainsaw mill.
Battery life is probably the biggest negative, power seemed really good. Overall pleased with the saw so far only have maybe 10 hours using it.
I'm not sure I can Tell the difference between the Greenworks 82v and the 60v.

Both of them like to chow down on wood.

I would like a slightly better battery life.

I'd expect the larger batteries to be much better than the 40v 4ah saw. The new saws run quicker, but with a wider chain, I think the new saws use more power per cut.