Battery suggestions for GC2400

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400
Still on my original for my 2006 GC2310, I don't use it in the winter and don't even disconnect it. Pretty sure I am on borrowed time though, I do notice it doesn't spin the engine quite as fast as it once did. I have excellent luck with Costco Kirkland batteries, hopefully they have this size.....
You faired much better than I did. And I use mine in all four seasons.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400
So far we have:

AC Delco

Diehard Gold

JD Strongbox

Interstate MT-51

Costco Kirkland

The one we know that fit's for sure is the Interstate MT-51.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #13  
I have never owned an Interstate battery. Mostly because they are not readily available in our area. All the reviews I have read on Interstate batteries have been very good. And it fits.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #14  
Any group 51 battery should fit; they are common Honda replacements.

This application should not have anything but a better quality battery.

1. Vibration is very hard on batteries, and this application has plenty.
2. Diesel engines have high compression, so you can use as much power as you can get. Especially when it's really cold, and later on, when your battery gets near the end of its life.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #15  
I am still on the battery that came with my 2310 I bought new early 07. I use it year round and have over 700 hrs on it. It came with a Delkor battery. It is still going strong. I wished the battery I had in the plane would last half as long.

Doug

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #16  
I am still on the battery that came with my 2310 I bought new early 07. I use it year round and have over 700 hrs on it. It came with a Delkor battery. It is still going strong. I wished the battery I had in the plane would last half as long. Doug

I got 6 good years, and year of weak, but useable, service out of my original battery.

Airplane batteries, ..don't even get me started. Our Skyhawk has a 24 volt system. So, every time It needs a battery, it's like having to buy two. Right now, they are almost $400. :bawling:

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #17  
I think I've always been lucky with batteries... the one in my '07 GC2310 is still going strong and my '05 TDI still has it's original battery; use the tractor year round, now has about 350 hrs... and I think I MUST be on borrowed time, but the Gill G-35 in my PA-22-150 is dated (with magic marker) as July 2007, but still holds a charge well -- or seems to, at least. Must be some kind of record, I think! (Right now it's in my nice, warm basement at home...)

I'll keep in mind that Interstate MT-51 for the little red beast... and, wunnatheezedayz, I'd love to replace that Gill with a sealed glass mat battery... but then they say I'd better upgrade to a solid state regulator if I do. (At least I only have one to replace, Ray!) WBB

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #18  
Still on my original for my 2006 GC2310, I don't use it in the winter and don't even disconnect it. Pretty sure I am on borrowed time though, I do notice it doesn't spin the engine quite as fast as it once did. I have excellent luck with Costco Kirkland batteries, hopefully they have this size.....

Well my luck ran out. Battery still turned this spring, but slow. Bought a Napa Legend and it fit perfect. Only difference was the +/- posts were on opposite sides, but just turned the battery 180 and the cables fit fine. 560 CA/450CCA so it turns over nice and fast. Cost $110.00

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #19  
My battery is getting weak. Looking for suggestions/experiences.

Which ever you decide to go with I would also buy a battery tender to go with it.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #20  
Hmm-m-m... mine's still going strong ?!?!.... just shy of 400 hrs now.