Battery suggestions for GC2400

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400
Hmm-m-m... mine's still going strong ?!?!.... just shy of 400 hrs now.
Go ahead..........rub it in............:laughing:

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #22  
Hey, what can I say... I just seem to get along well with electrons...:confused2:

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #23  
Selecting a battery is always a balancing act. If you go for the high CCA rated battery, you loose some durability and vibration resistance because the way they get the high CCA is to increase the surface in contact with the acid. To do this the plates are made thinner so that they can have more plates.

When I look for tractor batteries, I stay away from the very high CCA ratings to give me more vibration resistance. If the original battery had enough power, you don't need more.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400
I agree, thanks for the info.

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #26  
Thanks for all this info! Had the original battery from 2008, and had to replace it this year. I went with the Interstate MT-51

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #27  
Oh, I just can't resist... now with 777 hrs, and still with the original battery.... :laughing::cool2:

Other batteries, not so much.. finally did throw out the old Gill G-35 and bought a much smaller & lighter Hawker sealed battery for the plane (which is still under repair :(), but that still holds its charge well. Jetta had a new one put in a few years back, but that ol' OEM in the GC2310 is till kicking. Must be some kinda record! :confused3:

/ Battery suggestions for GC2400 #28  
300 hours and 8 years on mine. Does not crank worth a crap in winter without battery tender and hot plug.