Bee's versus my BX22!

/ Bee's versus my BX22! #21  
Re: Bee\'s versus my BX22!

David, I'd never heard of anyone being allergic to shrimp until a few years ago. My wife has a brother in West Virginia who said he was allergic to shrimp, but we all went out to eat at a seafood restaurant and he said he hadn't eaten any shrimp in years, so he decided to try their fried shrimp; got sick enough that he missed two days of work.

In my opinion, allergies are a weird thing. In 1962, I developed an allergy to eggs. If I ate an egg, 30 minutes to an hour later, I would break out in big whelps all over my body and itch so bad I could hardly stand it and it would gradually subside in 3 to 4 hours. I'd been eating eggs all my life with no problem until then. So I avoided eggs for a couple of years, then tried again and have been eating them ever since with no sign of an allergy.

And in 1996, I spent a good part of one Saturday with the DR string trimmer doing some heavy weedeating (weeds and Johnson grass), and Sunday morning went to the emergency room with my whole face swollen, felt like the skin was going to break, and oozing a yellow liquid. Didn't get bit by anything that I know of and haven't had it happen since, even when doing the same kind of work.

It seems that allergies can come and go without warning or reason.

/ Bee's versus my BX22!
Re: Bee\'s versus my BX22!

Glad to hear you're doing better but must have been a long few days, will be interested to hear if you do find out you're now allergic! I keep my pen handy after my experience and funny, seems like I see bees in a lot of places I never noticed them before?

PS- Hope your dog is okay, too.