Tiller Before and After KK tiller

/ Before and After KK tiller #11  
Smokey,

That explains it fine. Thanks much. My neighbor told me I'd regret a gear shift in a year. I don't want to try one because I'll get spoiled!

Buck

/ Before and After KK tiller #12  
smokey,what a view.i would love to live on that plot of land. i was wondering how you like the 4610? was thinking of trading tc33d towards al4610. ....tgello

/ Before and After KK tiller #13  
Re: Question on KK tiller

I just used a KK 60" to till up 10 acres of field that was planted corn last year. I didn't plow ahead of time and that tough tiller just ate that ground up and left her very smooth. I planted pasture grass so well see how it turns out. I run a 27 hp Cub.

Jerry in Pa

/ Before and After KK tiller
tgello, I absolutely love this 4610. I love everything about it. Solid, well built, turning radius is great, cab/dash design is well thought out, everything easy to service on it, plenty of power.....for my own needs, I wouldn't want one any bigger, but then again, you'll have to talk to some of the more experienced pros on here to get better comparison. My only experience is with an old Ford 8N many years ago and a Kubota L2350. I was hesitant about getting the Cab model and the HST but so glad i did. I can breathe and stay cool while working. Heck, last Sunday I plowed while listenting to the Nascar race on the radio. Maybe that's why my rows weren't too straight, not sure.

and yes, it's scenic here, but you pay for that with lack of tillable land (too much slope)

here's the view from where i plowed

Attachments

• 5-141962-Ridgeview.jpg
    5-141962-Ridgeview.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 108
   / Before and After KK tiller #15  
smokeymtnman,

I see you didn't buy the Italian hoe--oops, I mean "tiller" /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif(Muratori); I'm glad you're enjoying your KK though; I've been checking out your photos--everything looks great! I also envy the view you've got there, especially since I'm living in the flatlands again. [my family is from western nc too].

tonyw

/ Before and After KK tiller #16  
<font color=blue>here's the view from where i plowed </font color=blue>

[censored]... Nice view... /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I'm jealous.

Oh, yeah... L4610... I double jealous.

/ Before and After KK tiller #17  
Don,

“I could'nt find 90W-140W oil for gear box anywhere in reasonable driving distance..every store here had 80W to 90W”

I ran into the same problem. I thought it was a misprint and they meant to say “90W-140”. It turns out when they say “90W-140W”, they mean “90W to 140W”, ie anything within that range. I ended up using 90W. If you’re going to use it in a real hot climate for hours and a time, then use 140W. My KK bush hog has the same requirements, but that manual says “90W to 140W”. Walmart has an “85W-140”, which would probably be fine.

“the threads were stripped on the bolt ”

That’s typical for KK. They don’t pay much attention to details. But, the overall product is pretty solid for the price.

/ Before and After KK tiller
Yes, I'm pleased overall with the KK tiller. It is solid and really seems to churn that soil up well. I noticed that mine seems to start out very quiet and then after about 15 minutes it starts vibrating and gets somewhat noisy. After stopping and getting out to check, it seems to be digging in deeper and the front of plow seems to have started leaning forward more than at first. I've adjusted top link and after several rows of plowing it seems toplink adjustment has changed. Is this normal or what's going on?

Also, the instructions stated for the top gear case to be 1/2 full of oil . That was no problem, I used a straw to measure and got if fine. But the side gear case instructions only said....'oil should be visible". Well it was kind of hard to see in that little hole. So i filled until i could feel where the top gear was with a straw. It took about 5 liters. I may have put too much in as I see oil trails going down the side of the tiller. Is that a bad thing?

/ Before and After KK tiller #19  
Isn't there a small stud on the side to open up when filling then stop when it runs out the hole? (there is probably a name for it) THere is on my KK 72".
Nick

/ Before and After KK tiller #20  
Mine has that too. It's a pipe plug. Just put the oil in the top until it starts coming out the hole. You can see it in the picture on their web site, it's just below the tag and it casts a shadow:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kingkutter.com/Tiller.asp>http://www.kingkutter.com/Tiller.asp</A>