Tiller Before and After KK tiller

/ Before and After KK tiller #21  
Re: Question on KK tiller

I've got a 72" KK behind my L3710GST ... and I tilled 5 acres of clay and rocks with no plowing beforehand. Probably should have slowed down a bit, but I did the whole thing in 3rd gear with no problems ... other than the fact that you always end up with a "hole" at the end of a session.
Based on my experience ... you'd need some awful solid ground to need to plow beforehand.
Only thing I'd change is not to till so close to the fence ....
took out 1000 feet of electric fence (bottom wire) .... not fun to unthread from a tiller!
My 6 footer doesn't offset but covers the tracks just fine.

/ Before and After KK tiller #22  
Was there any drive line problem hooking the KK to the Kubota? Did you have to cut the drive shaft? My dealer told me one of the most common, and expensive repairs he makes is due to drive shafts on 'tillers not being cut to the correct length. Being an electrical guy I would probably screw this operation up. How difficult is it to cut to the proper length?
I know the dealer is trying to sell me a Land Pride, but I like the gear drive on the KK. I also like the price.

I have an L3010 and really only need a 4 foot 'tiller. This will not cover the wheels but I think it should work fine? What obvious fact am I missing? The tractor is rated at 24 PTO H-P and for most 60" tillers this is at the bottom end of power? Should I move up to the 60”? Will a L3010 handle a 60" tiller?

Please advise.

Thank you.