Beginning to HATE the new software

/ Beginning to HATE the new software #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Well.. I just accidentally marked all the forums read... The menu's are 'hot' and it's way easy to accidentally drag a mouse over the wrong spot..

/ Beginning to HATE the new software #2  
I'm "seeing" far fewer threads now. Maybe I'll get used to it and find a way to view threads like I used to, but for now I seem to generally get frustrated and wonder off and maybe return later to try my luck again.

**Okay, I just found this thread again, but it took me a while. I always just searched by threads posted in, say for example, the last 12 hours. Now after I reply to a post and hit "new posts", I can't find the threads I just participated in. :(

/ Beginning to HATE the new software #3  
Instead of clicking on the NEW POSTS link in the tool bar, look 2 spots to the right side and click on the QUICK LINKS drop down menu. Select the 1st option under the QUICK LINKS which reads TODAY'S POSTS. It will bring up the most recent posts in chronological order.

/ Beginning to HATE the new software
Bob_Skurka said:
Instead of clicking on the NEW POSTS link in the tool bar, look 2 spots to the right side and click on the QUICK LINKS drop down menu. Select the 1st option under the QUICK LINKS which reads TODAY'S POSTS. It will bring up the most recent posts in chronological order.

That's what I'm having to do now.. just find threads posted/updated today or late yesterday.. Those hot menues will take a bit to get used to... You don't have to click a selection and then hit 'go' on many of them.. just making the selection makes it 'go' automatically.. Makes you wonder why the coders bothered to put the 'go' in there in the first place... since it is not needed.

Also lost were all my 'last read' pointers... very nice.. gotta love that feature...-not-...

Soundguy

/ Beginning to HATE the new software #5  
Bob_Skurka said:

Sweet. I never noticed that before. I've just updated my toolbar link to TBN as:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily

/ Beginning to HATE the new software #7  
To make it work right - paste the following into the toollbar link's Properties then remove the leading XX:

XXhttp://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/search.php?do=getdaily

/ Beginning to HATE the new software #8  
Soundguy said:
. Makes you wonder why the coders bothered to put the 'go' in there in the first place... since it is not needed.

I use "go" if I want to jump back in the same forum but have the thread I was just reading marked as read. Other than that you're right, it's useless.

/ Beginning to HATE the new software #9  
Soundguy said:
Well.. I just accidentally marked all the forums read... The menu's are 'hot' and it's way easy to accidentally drag a mouse over the wrong spot..

I find it amazing you guys have enough time to read all the forums. I always mark everything read and then go to the 5 or 6 forums that I regularly read. There is no way I could (or would want too) read each forum. More power to you...

/ Beginning to HATE the new software
I actually don't read every forum. I almost never make it to kioti, and only rarely visit JD.. I also only rarely visit family meeting, book, and grey, and orphan.

Soundguy