Bent pivot pin

/ Bent pivot pin
sr,

minihoe - yes, I believe all the problems usually occur with that particular attachment's configuration. I'm definitely not as experienced as Terry, but I don't believe the lack of greasing is the problem (not in my case anyway). Not greasing could definitely make the problem worse but I don't think it's the primary cause.

See my previous post about what type of action causes the problem. I think the problem occurs because of how the pt is used.

For example, an excavator is basically stationary when performing its digging task. Operators don't usually move the machine backward while the bucket is digging.

Whereas, that pt is "efficient" at digging by moving the machine backwards while digging. If the bucket engages a relatively stationary object, there is a tremendous amount of force placed on the pivot assembly. The tie rod from the attachment plate to the pivot arm is in compression and may cause the tie rod to buckle also.

It is the position/geometry of the minihoe that causes the problem. The worst case position would be for the "dipper" part of the arm to be as perpendicular to the ground as possible.

In other words, if the "dipper" part of the arm was even longer, the problem would be even worse.

Aside from any reinforcement or modification to the machine, I believe correct/proper operator usage as described above could prevent that type of damage.

lt

/ Bent pivot pin #32  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I hope he was not refering to mine as not being serviced regular. )</font>

We were there in June of last year. The machine he was referring to predated that--by quite a bit, I believe.

SnowRidge

/ Bent pivot pin #33  
I agree with you. Had another crack on a previous weld found this past week. I think I will call Terry and arrange for the fork to be sent to him.
PJ