Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54"

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #1  

Templecruiser

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti cab CX2510
I'm looking at buying a new Kioti cx2510 cab with a front mount snowblower. The dealer said they'd had issues with the Kioti 54 inch snowblower with chain drive. So he doesn't recommend them but says the Bercomac 56 inch is better. I never heard of this make, but is a bit cheaper then the Kioti 54 inch. So my question is, are these good snowblowers, and anyone with experience with them? I had a 2025r with front chain drive snowblower and had no issue with it.

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #2  
I’m quite certain that bercovac is made by RAD technologies who also manufactures snowblowers for kubota, JD, New Holland and I’m sure others. I’ve got two one painted kubota orange and another New Holland blue. Mine have been excellent .

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #3  
Spend a bit more on a rear mounted heavier snow blower like a Pronovost Puma. The Pronovost family has been building farm equipment and snow blowers for Canadian winters for many decades.

You have to keep in mind that a front mounted snow blower will have a heavy belly mounted frame that reduces your
ground clearance and requires the tractor to use the mid PTO where the rear mount PTO uses 540 RPM to power a snow blower

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #4  
Bercomac is another Canadian company; they make real good snowblowers.

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #5  
I've got their 56" on the front of my TYMT254. Have had no complaints for the one season I have used it. It runs off the mid-pto on my tractor and there is a belt on the back of the blower housing that drives the impeller shaft from the pto shaft. I have hydraulic chute rotation and added an electric deflector control. It throws the snow as far as my Honda walk behind can (30-50' depending), just twice as much. I live in an area that receives more than 250" of snow on average. Buffalo talks about all their lake affect, but their lake eventually freezes over, ours doesn't.
image2.jpeg

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #7  
Spend a bit more on a rear mounted heavier snow blower like a Pronovost Puma. The Pronovost family has been building farm equipment and snow blowers for Canadian winters for many decades.

You have to keep in mind that a front mounted snow blower will have a heavy belly mounted frame that reduces your
ground clearance and requires the tractor to use the mid PTO where the rear mount PTO uses 540 RPM to power a snow blower
Yes, but since the blower itself goes over the ground first, this is a complete non-issue.

You really have some odd ideas sometimes...

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #8  
You have never gotten a tractor with a front mounted blower
stuck to the point where you have no traction then eh????
Its not hard to do even with 4 wheel drive mule.

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #9  
If you actually engage the blower first, before you start moving forward, and oh, I dunno, lower the blower to the ground... and start snowblowing snow while moving forward...

Like the equipment is intended to be operated...

I just don't know about you sometimes. Some things shouldn't have to be explained.

If you want to joyride around on top of the snow, get a snowmobile, or an atv with tracks or something.

/ Bercomac 56" snowblower vs Kioti 54" #10  
When you slide off and drop over a driveway ledge while clearing that you cannot back out of then
call me with your thoughts on front mounted snowblowers that get hung up because of the frame
and you cannot get traction because the tires cannot grip because the under frame is preventing it.