best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #21  
What is your Father's take on this situation. Take him along to test drive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What kind of work will the tractor be used for?

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #22  
What is your Father's take on this situation. Take him along to test drive. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What kind of work will the tractor be used for?

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #23  
40-50 hp gets you just into the gray area for cat 1/2 tractors. This is out of CUT and into utility and small agg tractors. As others have said.. HYDRO shoots the heck out of 'economy / bang for buck' pricing.. ans as stated.. many more SCUT and CUT's have hydro than utility and ag tractors, especially when price is a factor.

Soundguy

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #24  
40-50 hp gets you just into the gray area for cat 1/2 tractors. This is out of CUT and into utility and small agg tractors. As others have said.. HYDRO shoots the heck out of 'economy / bang for buck' pricing.. ans as stated.. many more SCUT and CUT's have hydro than utility and ag tractors, especially when price is a factor.

Soundguy

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #25  
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a John Deere 5103. It's not an HST, it's not fancy, but it's 50 hp and you can get it, FEL, BB, and 6' shredder for under $20k. Also look at Kubota L4400 or the M4800/5000.

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #26  
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned a John Deere 5103. It's not an HST, it's not fancy, but it's 50 hp and you can get it, FEL, BB, and 6' shredder for under $20k. Also look at Kubota L4400 or the M4800/5000.

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #27  
I have to second KentT's suggestion. I don't think any PT owners will blindly say it is the right tool for your job, but I think you're too close to Tazewell not to have a look. You can't get much simpler than the treadle hydro control! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If only they'd make a couple updates, I'd say the 2445 is the most versitile machine in 45HP at even remotely that price. Since I don't mind a little creative wrenching, I'm making the changes myself; but that's not for everyone. That said, if you don't mind doing some of your own work, the PT also has some long term savings in that they sell you parts directly and tell you how to fix it.

Anyway, unless you need the 8ft depth for the BH or extra foot front lift, I really think you'd be happier with the 1445. I'd say it's easier to climb on than the 2445 and likely most CUTs for that matter. Also, I think it really takes advantage of the view KentT mentions better than the 2445.

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #28  
I have to second KentT's suggestion. I don't think any PT owners will blindly say it is the right tool for your job, but I think you're too close to Tazewell not to have a look. You can't get much simpler than the treadle hydro control! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If only they'd make a couple updates, I'd say the 2445 is the most versitile machine in 45HP at even remotely that price. Since I don't mind a little creative wrenching, I'm making the changes myself; but that's not for everyone. That said, if you don't mind doing some of your own work, the PT also has some long term savings in that they sell you parts directly and tell you how to fix it.

Anyway, unless you need the 8ft depth for the BH or extra foot front lift, I really think you'd be happier with the 1445. I'd say it's easier to climb on than the 2445 and likely most CUTs for that matter. Also, I think it really takes advantage of the view KentT mentions better than the 2445.

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #29  
On a slight tanget, I was at the IH dealer yesterday, and could resist crawling on a DX25. Fine machine, but I couldn't help but think my 2445 would fit about the same footprint with 45HP. Probably just my perception, but then again articulation does alter your perception! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="red">edit:spelling /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font>

/ best bang for the buck 40-50hp tractor #30  
On a slight tanget, I was at the IH dealer yesterday, and could resist crawling on a DX25. Fine machine, but I couldn't help but think my 2445 would fit about the same footprint with 45HP. Probably just my perception, but then again articulation does alter your perception! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="red">edit:spelling /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font>