best brand ag Tractor in world?

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #11  
It's a close call, but my favorite that I've ever operated was a Mercedes MB Trac... nice large cab, great traction & gearing, air brakes and just generally a joy to use.

MB_Trac_1800_0013.JPG

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #12  
best brand ag Tractor in world?

ag tractor, does not really define much. if say 2000 acres of corn and beans. vs say tomatoes, squash, vineyard. etc....

what are you trying to do? acres? planting what? moving dirt? re-landscaping 1 to 200 acres of land? clearing land? smaller size multi food plots / fields? dealing with driveways, dealing with hogs, cattle, horses?

tractors are multi purpose, and it all greatly depends on what you want to be done, and what needs to be done. and what implements and like would help make things easier and done quicker.

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #13  
well said Egon ! what ever makes you happy is the best tractor !

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #14  
well said Egon ! what ever makes you happy is the best tractor !

actually mahindra is the number one selling Ag tractor in the world at the moment. Not saying they have the biggest or the best, but as far as brand, they are in the lead for now

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #15  
actually mahindra is the number one selling Ag tractor in the world at the moment.

3WD models sold to one legged pirates maybe.

The numbers from their stock reports put them not even in striking distance of any of the reconized equipment brands. Mahindra does alot of unfounded chest pounding.

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #17  
Hoyt-Clagwell without a doubt.

Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus cars, said the perfect design was when every part failed as the car crossed the finish line. Wasn't that the way Oliver Wendall Douglas' Hoyt-Clagwell finished one episode - every part fell off at once? The perfect design.

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #18  
The best tractor in the world is the one that has reasonable price and features and has good dealer support close to you.

I just bought a New Holland TS100A so I like them. New Hollands seemed to be priced a lot lower than a comparable JD or AGCO/MF. But, like others have said it depends on what you want it for. JCB's are cool. Bi-Directional New Holland is cool. AGCO is going to eventually kill every product they own so I'd stay away from them/Fendt but if they go independant again they'd be OK.

Deere is a solid company that will be around for the long haul. Unfortunately their tractors are good but not awesome but their prices are out of this world high.

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #19  
If by "ag tractor" you mean a device for pulling a farm implement, in many parts of the "world" the hands down choice is the Water Buffalo.:thumbsup:

When former "pull the implement power sources" (AKA "The Wife" ) were polled, the buffalo was the unanimous winner!:laughing:

/ best brand ag Tractor in world? #20  
Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus cars, said the perfect design was when every part failed as the car crossed the finish line. Wasn't that the way Oliver Wendall Douglas' Hoyt-Clagwell finished one episode - every part fell off at once? The perfect design.
The Wonderful "One Hoss Shay". ... "All at once and nothing first. Just like bubbles do when the burst." :thumbsup:
larry