Best City Names

/ Best City Names #51  
Byesville (Ohio)

Where I live 'Greenback' (Tn)

/ Best City Names #52  
Interstate exit in Kentucky just south of cincinnati is "Big Bone Lick" They also have a state park "big bone lick state park". They also have Big bone road, Big bone creek!

/ Best City Names #53  
"Humptulips" Washington, Not to far away from "Tokeland" Washington.

/ Best City Names #54  
Not towns, but inspired by a couple of the above. On the way to Springfield from my house, you are bless to cross both the dry sac and small sac rivers:)

/ Best City Names #56  
Nowhere, Oklahoma.
When I moved to Tonasket WA my cousin in Torrance CA said I had moved to the middle of nowhere. I had to prove her wrong and found Nowhere. I told her I was nowhere
near the middle of Nowhere.

"Where are you from?"
"Nowhere,"
Then, where are you going?"
"Why."

/ Best City Names #57  
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho (most people say it; core-doe-lane) may not be the weirdest name, but is certainly one of the hardest to spell right (You get extra credit if you get the capital letters in the right place).

/ Best City Names #58  
Could be a whole 'nother discussion on town names that aren't pronounced the way they look.
In N.H. we have Berlin and Milan, neither of which are pronounced like the European cities...they're BURR-lin and MY-lin. Then there's Boscawen, where even the locals can't agree on how to pronounce it...some say BOSC-win, others BOSC-wine.
Even our state capitol, Concord gets misprounounced by people from away (it's "conquered"). People from outside New England pronounce it like the airplane.
both north and south carolina have a town named beuford (sp?)

don't sound the same

/ Best City Names #59  
Not really a city but there's a little cross roads with a store. The area and store are called Park and Blow.
Know it very well. Back from the days of Drive in Restaurants where you did park you car and blow the horn for service. Does it show on the map by that name for I really thought it was the name of the now store there.

/ Best City Names #60  
I used to pass a place on way to uncle's in MA, that had a huge sign:
Eat Here-Get Gas!

More PA crazy names:
Balls Mills
Burning Well
California (!)
Coon Hunter
Free Love Valley
Jersey Shore
Normalville
Two lick valley

From MA, my favorite on the way to my uncle's house was Florida, see snow piled up to the sign in winter was funny to us as kids.
1634903644058.png