Best Commercial Zero Turn

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #11  
I've narrowed my choice to the Exmark Lazer Z, 60" cut, 29 HP Kohler engine and the Ferris IS3100Z, 60" cut, 37 HP Kawasaki engine (2009 model). Any more comments?

Do you mean 27 hp Kaw motor on the Ferrris? 37 hp seems kind of outrageous.

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn
It IS a 37hp Kaw.

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #13  
Do you mean 27 hp Kaw motor on the Ferrris? 37 hp seems kind of outrageous.

If it's a gas engine, it will probably cost about $30 to mow 5 acres with it! Unless you mow slowly. Then it would get reeeeealy expensive.

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #14  
I'm considering the following mowers to cut my semi-rough 10 acres of grass/yard. Please tell me the pros and cons of them. While price is a concern, the primary factors are comfortability, durability, and quality cut. In that order. I want a 60" cut mower. Is there a particular motor I should steer clear of or a deck that is better than others?
Exmark Lazer Z
Exmark Advantage Series X
Scag Tiger Cut
Ferris IS3100Z (2009 model, brand new)
Ferris IS2000Z

Thanks for your input,
Rodney

We sell the Dixon Brand and we should have the ZTR you need. Our field rep. says Dixon invented this type machine some 35 years ago. They are really popular here in central Ky. and have held up real good. Most models come with your choice of engines. Give Greg a call at 270-524-0385. Ken Sweet

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #15  
Just to add to your choices... have you tried Badboy ZTR? Just like you when I was on the market, I am set to getting the Scag or Exmark and then I just read one more night here in TBN and some suggested to try the Badboy. I never hear of it before but good thing I tried it. It is built like a tank and it is very well laid out. I wanted to get the AOS model with diesel motor but for my use the Kawasaki Liquid cool is enough. I bought the Lighting 60" and very happy with it. Good luck on your purchase.

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #16  
Our field rep. says Dixon invented this type machine some 35 years ago.

That's interesting. Grasshopper was making zero turn mowers in 1969. Grasshopper Mower Dixon didn't have their first zero turn mower roll off their line until 1974 according to their website. Dixon - Dixon Mowers: Maybe your field rep means in the residential line and not commercial line? I've never seen a "commercial" company anywhere use a Dixon. I've heard they make some now they call "commercial" though. I used to see a few of the plastic tub machines that were chain driven at some residences, but not in the last 10 or 15 years.

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #17  
That's interesting. Grasshopper was making zero turn mowers in 1969. Grasshopper Mower Dixon didn't have their first zero turn mower roll off their line until 1974 according to their website. Dixon - Dixon Mowers: Maybe your field rep means in the residential line and not commercial line? I've never seen a "commercial" company anywhere use a Dixon. I've heard they make some now they call "commercial" though. I used to see a few of the plastic tub machines that were chain driven at some residences, but not in the last 10 or 15 years.

Yea, they have been making commercial mower for a while now with diesel options. Our next door neighbor has had one for about 17 years and mows 37 yards per week including mine and our Church yard and does those in 3 days and fishes or hunts the rest of his time. He would not own anything else and he is not mechanically inclined. BTY, he does not even run the commercial series. We sell a lot to Doctors, Lawyers and small business owners and a several that mow commercially with residential mowers. Ken Sweet

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #18  
Cool. As I said, I haven't seen them in many, many years. There used to be a guy who had a shop in his garage, I think it was called Walt's Small Engine Service, who sold them at one time. Really a nice guy, but I haven't seen him or talked to him in about 15 years. Obviously he never had an operation nearly like yours.

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #19  
just my opinion but I would go with a kawasaki engine.

/ Best Commercial Zero Turn #20  
I would check out Dixie Chopper as well. I have a 60" Silver Eagle, and it is fast, cuts clean, and has been dependable. Its blade tip speed is great, it throws out fine clippings far and spread out. It has power, it just does not bog down. Before I bought mine, I researched resale values. Dixie Chopper seemed to hold its value alot better than others, even the parts mowers were selling for a couple grand. In four years I have replaced one deck belt, that is the most work that has been done to it. Starts clean every time. I mow 5 acres in about 2 hours. Check on the resale values in your area, because they might be different though.